Are there any names that you dislike for absolutely no apparent reason?

Everyone has names that they like and dislike, so I’m curious. What are some names that you don’t like, but don’t have a reason for not liking it?

For me, it [name]Xander[/name] and [name]Zander[/name]. Everytime I hear these names, I want to claw out my eardrums, but I don’t know why. They’re names that would fit perfectly in my list. They’re not too common, or out there for me. I don’t know anyone with the names, and I don’t have any bad associations with them.

[name]Michaela[/name]/[name]Mikayla[/name] and all the other spellings. So many people love this name, but I just hate it. It’s even the female version of my fiance’s name, [name]Michael[/name], but I just really dislike it.

I cannot stand the name [name]Sarah[/name], I know lots if people have this name, so sorry, but I just don’t like it.

[name]Hannah[/name], [name]Emily[/name] and [name]Thomas[/name]… never liked them ever.

[name]Teagan[/name] and [name]Keegan[/name]. I can’t stand those names for some reason. I think it’s the harsh G sound.

[name]Katherine[/name] (and the other spellings) I don’t know why, but i really dislike it!

I’ll second these, and [name]Andrew[/name] – which is my husband’s name but he goes by AJ thank goodness!

I do not like [name]Ingrid[/name], [name]Edith[/name], [name]Bertha[/name], [name]Cordelia[/name], [name]Dorkas[/name] or [name]Edna[/name]. They just don’t sound pretty to me.

For boys I don’t like [name]Albert[/name], [name]Howard[/name], [name]Orville[/name], [name]Elliot[/name], or [name]Gavin[/name]. They just sound awkward to me.

I can’t stand the sound of the name [name]Jasper[/name] for some reason. It always makes me think of a demon/gremlin/goblin sort of thing, so I assume I must be subconsciously associating it with a character in a cartoon or something.

edit: I actually like the name Casper, which makes it all the more inexplicable that I dislike Jasper

Oh there’s plenty. Off the top of my head though…
[name]Asher[/name], [name]Rosamund[/name], [name]Adalaide[/name], [name]Arabella[/name], [name]Sidney[/name]. They all just don’t sound pleasant to my ear.

[name]Matteo[/name] for a boys name and [name]Carys[/name] for a girl. They both seem to be my style, but I don’t like the sound of either one.

[name]Wren[/name], [name]Audrey[/name], [name]Lark[/name], [name]Lydia[/name], [name]Florence[/name], [name]Mabel[/name], and the [name]Annabel[/name] spelling (I like [name]Annabelle[/name]). I don’t even know why, but I just HATE all of them. I know they are all popular on Nameberry but I just can’t understand why.

Oh, and also [name]Isobel[/name], [name]Arabella[/name], and [name]Ariana[/name]/[name]Arianna[/name]. I just hate the “Iso” spelling and the single “L”. [name]Isabelle[/name] I much prefer. [name]Arabella[/name] and [name]Ariana[/name] seem to have no substance.

All the names I don’t like, there is a reason why I don’t like them. Either I don’t like the sound of the name, or there is a bad association with it, or the name is too common. I can’t think of any that I dislike for unknown reasons.

[name]Robert[/name]. I don’t know why. I just don’t like it. I like [name]Robin[/name], but not [name]Robert[/name].

[name]Rebecca[/name]. [name]Rebekah[/name] is somewhat better. But i strongly dislike it, diesite the fact that i have known several lovely ones!

For girls I just don’t like the sound of [name]Beatrice[/name], [name]Beatrix[/name], [name]Rhonda[/name], and [name]Marjorie[/name].

For boys, [name]Roger[/name], [name]Dwayne[/name], [name]Dwight[/name], [name]Ralph[/name], [name]Alvin[/name], and [name]Paul[/name].

[name]Teagan[/name]/[name]Teegan[/name] - I second this.
[name]Andrew[/name] - I second this as well. It’s my uncle’s name, and I love him, but I hate this name!
[name]Helen[/name]
[name]Francis[/name]/[name]Frances[/name]

I absolutely can’t stand surname names on girls. [name]Harper[/name], [name]Sutton[/name], [name]Madison[/name], [name]Bellamy[/name], and especially [name]Sloane[/name]. I think it’s hideous.

I also can’t stand [name]Ingrid[/name] or [name]Iris[/name] (and I usually [name]LOVE[/name] “I” names) or [name]Wendy[/name].

Oh, and I second the dislike of [name]Florence[/name] and [name]Mabel[/name]. I just don’t see the appeal.

[name]Olivia[/name], [name]Elizabeth[/name], [name]Julia[/name], [name]Hannah[/name], [name]Samantha[/name], [name]Gabriella[/name](not because they are popular, I just don’t like them for some other reason)

[name]Anthony[/name], the sound makes me cringe, [name]Justin[/name]