Are these Combos Okay?

Hey, recently, a friend and I were talking about baby names we like. Neither of us are pregnant, but we both have lists like most people on here. Anyways, I told her what I would name twins info they where G/B, and it would be [name_f]Mae[/name_f] and [name_m]Peter[/name_m], but she told me that it reminded her of Spider-[name_m]Man[/name_m], because of [name_m]Peter[/name_m] [name_u]Parker[/name_u] and his aunt [name_f]May[/name_f]. Is this a bad idea? Is that what comes to mind automatically?

I’ve seen the Spiderman movies and never would’ve made that connection. [name_m]Peter[/name_m] and [name_f]Mae[/name_f] are sweet together!

Yeah tbh I did. However I love the Spider-[name_m]Man[/name_m] movies and I love the names so I think they are still perfect useable. And not everyone would make the connection anyway. If you are still worried about it what about [name_m]Peter[/name_m] and [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] or [name_m]Peter[/name_m] and [name_f]Maisie[/name_f]?

Never would have made the connection.

I would’ve made the connection. [name_m]Peter[/name_m] by itself makes me think of Spider-[name_m]Man[/name_m], and I’ve honestly only ever watched the [name_m]Tom[/name_m] [name_u]Holland[/name_u] Spider-[name_m]Man[/name_m] movies (counting Civil War). I don’t think it’s a bad idea, but the characters are obviously family members so they are really well connected.

I think it’s absolutely fine. They’re common enough names that it’s hardly a single-association situation, and even together I didn’t make the connection. Nice pairing!

It is something that I would notice on a name forum, but not in real life, if that makes sense? I think it is totally fine to use!

[name_m]Peter[/name_m] & [name_f]Mae[/name_f] are such great choices ~ I love them both :slight_smile:

I think of the connection, but it’s s hood connection.