Are these names a "mouthful"?

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] all!

After months and months of debates, my husband and I have narrowed our list of girl names down to two.

[name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f] nn would be [name_f]Eva[/name_f]
[name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] [name_f]Belle[/name_f] nn would be [name_u]Rae[/name_u]
(middle names may be interchangeable…)

While these names are beautiful, I am worried that the 4 syllable wordiness of the names are too much. I don’t really like the idea of “burdening” someone with a lengthy name. I just think about filling out those test forms in school and having the poor kid sit there for 5 minutes while she fills in 10 bubbles! I know it sounds silly, but that’s the kind of thing I think of when picking out names…

So my question is: Are these two first names too much of a mouthful/too long?
Bonus question: Which name do you like better and why?

I quite like a longer name with a short mn (or vise versa). I love both first names but I think the combo [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f] has the better flow of the two. [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] [name_f]Belle[/name_f] has repetitve “el” sounds. I don’t find the combos difficult to say.

I also like a longer first name, and [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] really isn’t that long. [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f] would have to be my favorite combo.

I second [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f]. And they’re not too much, especially with a shorter nickname.

[name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f] has my vote.

[name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f] is fantastic! I really don’t care for [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] [name_f]Belle[/name_f]. It is a mouthful.

I don’t think either is a mouthful and they are both beautiful names. My pick would be [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f].

Nope. Not a mouthful at all although I would rethink the middle name for [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f].

Haha. I agree, filling out those test forms in school can be somewhat annoying. But it won’t stop me from using a four syllable name as long as I love it. Another vote for [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f], if you like it. Otherwise, I’ll go with [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f].

No, definately not too much. I love your name choices!

Thank you everyone! My husband happens to agree with most of you; he prefers [name_f]Claire[/name_f] as a middle name for both names. Hmmm… We’ll wait and see. But thanks for the feedback, I’m really feeling even better about our name choices now :slight_smile:

I have as many letters in my name as [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f], and I never found it a problem (at least with my first name; my hyphenated surname was another story) filling in scantron sheets and the like. Personally, I prefer [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] [name_f]Belle[/name_f]…while I find [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] lovely in sound, it has a pretty strong religious connotation, and, having a name with only a slight religious connotation, I was always asked, “oh, are you ____ religion?” Plus, [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] is significantly shorter than [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f], if that’s a concern to you. The one critique I have about your [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] combo is I don’t find [name_u]Rae[/name_u] to be a natural nickname derivation from [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f]; [name_f]Ree[/name_f] would make more sense.