Are these names too similar to be used in the same sibset?

[name]Hi[/name] Nameberries, I was wondering if these names were too similar to be used in the same sibset:

[name]Jacqueline[/name]
[name]Josephine[/name]

Also, could you please suggest some middle names to go with each of them? All help is appreciated! Thank you so much :slight_smile:

No I thin they go together quite well…you would only run into trouble if you have those 2 and later a 3rd girl who might feel left out if she doesn’t also get a long girly J name with a tomboyish nickname …so it might make you feel limited in the future…otherwise I like the idea of 2 sisters called [name]Josephine[/name] and [name]Jacqueline[/name].

I think they go well together. [name]May[/name] I suggest [name]Jacqueline[/name] [name]Michelle[/name] and [name]Josephine[/name] [name]Diane[/name]? ([name]Jacquline[/name] [name]Michelle[/name] is my name, so I;m kind of partial:))

I think they are. [name]Both[/name] start with Js, both are three syllables, both end in -ine…too matchy, imo.

I think they are too similar. Go with [name]Josephine[/name] :wink:

I think they’re too similar. [name]Josephine[/name] is my favourite - lovely name with more modern nicknames ([name]Josie[/name] & [name]Posy[/name] v. [name]Jacqui[/name]).

I think that they fit together nicely, as I know of a sibset containing those names.

I don’t think they’re unusable together, but if you’re trying to avoid matchy-matchy, it’s definitely not the best route. Maybe use one as a MN and one as a FN?

What about [name]Josephine[/name] [name]Kate[/name], [name]Josephine[/name] [name]Claire[/name], [name]Josephine[/name] [name]Tess[/name], [name]Josephine[/name] [name]Opal[/name], [name]Josephine[/name] [name]Bryony[/name], [name]Jacqueline[/name] [name]Claire[/name], [name]Jacqueline[/name] [name]Eden[/name], [name]Jacqueline[/name] [name]Ivy[/name], [name]Jacqueline[/name] [name]Lily[/name], and [name]Jacqueline[/name] [name]Olive[/name]?

Good luck

3rd sister [name]Jessamine[/name]?

No way! I hate (well, hate’s a strong word, so I’ll use highly dislike) that name! [name]Jacqueline[/name], [name]Josephine[/name], and [name]Jessamine[/name]? I don’t think it works! The suggestion was welcome though!

Haha, it just came to me as another J name with 3 syllables ending -ine. [name]Jacqueline[/name], [name]Josephine[/name] and [name]Jessamine[/name] is a bit much! I think [name]Jacqueline[/name] and [name]Josephine[/name] could work as a sibset, but if you had any more children it could be tricky to find names that fit in.

Not at all. I love them together! I think sometimes people too concerned about the same beginning letter.