Are these names too similar to use?

[name]Do[/name] you think having a mother called [name]Alla[/name] rules out having a daughter called [name]Alice[/name] in a culture that doesn’t name babies after living relatives?
(The names aren’t forms of one another, by the way - their origins differ).

Sounds fine too me! If you love the name then you should use it…

It is hard to comment when one doesn’t understand the culture.

I think [name]Alice[/name] is a beautiful name but I would be inclined to ask someone from the same culture their opinion as to whether they are appropriate together.

I don’t think the names sound too similar, and if the meanings/origins differ, then I say go for it!

[name]Alla[/name] and [name]Alice[/name] are distinct although they share the same first two letters. If your mother is fine with it then I would be too. [name]Alice[/name] is darling!

I’m going to be the odd one out and say they seem to similar to me. I guess my reasoning is that they are both short names that start with “[name]Al[/name]” . If the names were [name]Alexandra[/name] and [name]Alice[/name] I wouldn’t think they were to similar. Or even [name]Alla[/name] and [name]Alison[/name], I know that seems weird, that’s just my opinion.

I think that you could easily use [name]Alice[/name]! And your mother would probably be really happy even if the whole culture thing doesn’t exactly work with the reasoning that you named your daughter after her (I’m afraid I don’t quite understand the culture exactly.) I think I would be fine. The name [name]Alice[/name] is in my top 10 as well…I love it!!!

Ooops read your original post again. I thought you had a daughter named [name]Alla[/name] and wanted to name you new daughter [name]Alice[/name]. Naming your daughter [name]Alice[/name] would be perfectly fine, if your mothers name is [name]Alla[/name].