Are these sibling names too similar?

Are the names [name_u]Elliot[/name_u], [name_f]Eloise[/name_f], and [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] too similar to be siblings? They all start with “el” but I really like all of these names, thoughts?

What name for a boy goes well with Eloise and Eleanor?

1 Like

Welcome to the forums! I think they’re a bit close; if you try to list them all off quickly, it’s a bit of a tongue twister! You could always distribute those names between first and middle. I think two names starting with [name_f]El[/name_f] would be less of a pattern.

I think they’re pretty close. They sound similar enough to me that I wouldn’t use them together as first names. Like @almostactually said, if, say, one is a middle name and two are first names, it would work a lot better.

1 Like

I agree with the above. They are a bit of a mouthful as a sibset, and, tbh, I think it would probably be better to have less match-y sibling names. I second the suggestion of using two of them as middle names. :slight_smile:

I think it’s too similar and while I love a constant theme I feel the most issue would be with [name_u]Elliot[/name_u] and [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f], [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] and [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] would be able to work given how different the ending but [name_u]Elliot[/name_u] would just tie it all together in a bad way (make the [name_f]El[/name_f] more noticeable and have [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] and [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] match more) Names that go with [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] and [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] however are:

Eleanor, [name_f]Eloise[/name_f], and [name_u]Everett[/name_u]
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f], [name_f]Eloise[/name_f], and [name_m]Evander[/name_m]
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f], [name_f]Eloise[/name_f], and [name_m]Edward[/name_m]
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f], [name_f]Eloise[/name_f], and [name_u]Emmett[/name_u]
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f], [name_f]Eloise[/name_f], and [name_u]Elias[/name_u]

Names without E are:

Eleanor, [name_f]Eloise[/name_f], and [name_m]Russell[/name_m]
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f], [name_f]Eloise[/name_f], and [name_m]Derrick[/name_m]
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f], [name_f]Eloise[/name_f], and [name_u]Oliver[/name_u]
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f], [name_f]Eloise[/name_f], and [name_m]Fredrick[/name_m]
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f], [name_f]Eloise[/name_f], and [name_m]Lenard[/name_m]
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f], [name_f]Eloise[/name_f], and [name_u]Jericho[/name_u]

I think they’re too similar to be sisters, yes.

I actually quite like all three together. I think provided they have different nicknames then why not :grin:

I love all three of these names. I think if you are shouting all theee names for dinner it might be hard . However I think nicknames might help.
[name_u]Elliot[/name_u], [name_f]Nora[/name_f], [name_u]Lou[/name_u]/LouLou is probably easier to shout than [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] , [name_u]Elliot[/name_u] and [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]

1 Like