Are these too close??

I have a 13 month old son named [name]Toby[/name], short for [name]Tobias[/name]. We never call him that, but it is his full name. I recently have really fallen in love with the name [name]Sariah[/name] for a future girl’s name…but I’m wondering if [name]Tobias[/name] and [name]Sariah[/name] are too close? They both have that “ia” sound to them…

What do you think?

[name]Hi[/name]! I love your son’s name. :slight_smile: Hmm…[name]Tobias[/name] and [name]Sariah[/name] would be too close for me, but if you’re comfortable with the pairing, I think that’s what’s important. Like you said, he’s always called “[name]Toby[/name],” which I think makes using [name]Sariah[/name] less “matchy.”

Good luck! :slight_smile:

i dont think they are too close, but they are pretty close.
I love both names though! Especially the girls.
Plus, you call your son [name]Toby[/name] anyways, so chances are, when he’s older, his teachers and friends will call him [name]Toby[/name] too.
So I think its perfectlly pefect:)

Too close for me what about [name]Sarai[/name] which is similar sounding?

I don’t think they’re too close. I wouldn’t have any problem using [name]Sariah[/name], especially since [name]Tobias[/name] usually goes by [name]Toby[/name]. I love [name]Tobias[/name] by the way :slight_smile:

Thanks, I’ll have to keep thinking. I love my son’s name too, I think that’s why I’m having SUCH a hard time coming up with a girl’s name that I love just as much.

I don’t think it is that much of a problem, especially since you call [name]Tobias[/name] [name]Toby[/name]. You could call [name]Sariah[/name] [name]Sari[/name]!

Here are some more Hebrew names just in case:

Aviya
[name]Ilana[/name]
[name]Leora[/name]
[name]Mariam[/name]
[name]Naomi[/name]
[name]Rebekah[/name]
[name]Sarahi[/name]
[name]Sarina[/name]
[name]Zipporah[/name]

Use [name]Sarai[/name]