Are these too close?

I have boys P@ul and M@rk. We’re trying to conceive now so assuming success P@ul would be 9 and M@rk nearly 6. (Sisters are Cl@re age 7 and K@th@rine nn [name]Katie[/name] age 3). Middle name will be [name]Lawrence[/name] or [name]Elias[/name].

If we have another son is [name]Nicholas[/name] nn [name]Nick[/name] too close to [name]Mark[/name]?
Would [name]Peter[/name] be too close to [name]Paul[/name]?

For some reason to me, [name]Peter[/name] and [name]Paul[/name] is too much - I guess it’s the shared inital and the singsonginess of the names together. But I think [name]Nicholas[/name] would work just fine!

Another name you may like to consider so that you don’t have the repeating “k” endings with [name]Mark[/name] and [name]Nick[/name] is [name]Nathan[/name] nn [name]Nate[/name]? Or [name]Nathaniel[/name]? Though [name]Nathan[/name] probably works better with [name]Paul[/name] and [name]Mark[/name]. Other names that would sound good with your set is [name]Daniel[/name] nn [name]Dan[/name]/[name]Danny[/name], [name]Benjamin[/name] nn [name]Ben[/name]/[name]Benji[/name], [name]Adam[/name], [name]Edward[/name], [name]Robert[/name] or [name]Jonathan[/name] nn [name]Jack[/name].

I like:

[name]Nicholas[/name] [name]Lawrence[/name]
[name]Nathan[/name] [name]Elias[/name]
[name]Daniel[/name] [name]Lawrence[/name]
[name]Benjamin[/name] [name]Lawrence[/name]
[name]Adam[/name] [name]Elias[/name]
[name]Edward[/name] [name]Lawrence[/name]
[name]Robert[/name] [name]Elias[/name]
[name]Jonathan[/name] [name]Lawrence[/name]

Best of luck!

Funny you should suggest [name]Nathan[/name] as that’s my hubby’s name. His name is in fact [name]Nathan[/name] [name]Lawrence[/name] and he’s wondered if [name]Nicholas[/name] [name]Lawrence[/name] is too close to his name. Because of a family situation, [name]Daniel[/name] isn’t an option. My FIL is [name]John[/name] [name]Lawrence[/name] so [name]Jonathan[/name] [name]Lawrence[/name] with the same last name is way too close. I like [name]Ben[/name] a lot but the other kids all have saint names and while [name]Benjamin[/name] of course is certainly a great biblical name there isn’t all the “saint paraphernalia” if you will. But, putting that aside how would it work with the last name Tys0n - to many "n"s? [name]Benedict[/name] would of course be an option as a saintly way to get to [name]Ben[/name] but it still reads [name]Benedict[/name] [name]Arnold[/name] to me.

I’ve always rejected [name]Peter[/name] as too close to [name]Paul[/name] (and [name]Matthew[/name] as to close to [name]Mark[/name]) but was trying to open myself up to new names as recently I haven’t been liking any boys names.

I like [name]Rob[/name] and [name]Robby[/name] a lot but have hesitated with the ‘bert’ ending.

Other names I’ve tried to love but am holding back for various reason are: [name]James[/name], [name]Jude[/name], [name]Gabriel[/name], [name]Andrew[/name], and [name]Simon[/name].

Oh, if I could edit I’d add these other names we’ve considered: [name]Damien[/name]/[name]Damian[/name], [name]Isaac[/name], [name]Leo[/name], [name]Louis[/name], and [name]Elias[/name] as a first name.

That is funny that I suggested [name]Nathan[/name]! Lol. Oh and no I don’t think [name]Benjamin[/name] [name]Tyson[/name] would be too much.

With [name]Paul[/name], [name]Mark[/name], [name]Claire[/name] and [name]Katie[/name] I really like:

[name]James[/name]
[name]Gabriel[/name] nn [name]Gabe[/name]
[name]Andrew[/name] nn [name]Drew[/name]
[name]Simon[/name]
[name]Leo[/name]
[name]Louis[/name]

I think any of those would work! Also have you considered [name]Timothy[/name], [name]Joseph[/name], [name]Thomas[/name], [name]Luke[/name] or [name]Lucas[/name], [name]Christopher[/name], [name]Samuel[/name], [name]Elijah[/name], [name]Jacob[/name], [name]Joel[/name], [name]Noah[/name], [name]Patrick[/name], [name]Richard[/name], [name]Stephen[/name], [name]Tobias[/name] or [name]William[/name]?

With brothers [name]Mark[/name] and [name]Paul[/name] I think another 1 syllable name would work well, [name]James[/name], [name]Luke[/name] or [name]Joel[/name], but I also think something equally strong and classic like [name]Thomas[/name], [name]Christoper[/name], [name]Jacob[/name], [name]Stephen[/name], [name]Patrick[/name], [name]Andrew[/name], [name]Simon[/name] or [name]Joseph[/name] would work well.

Best of luck!

Thanks for the help. I’ve been obsessing about not having a boys name to love. I’ve ruled out [name]Timothy[/name] and [name]Thomas[/name] because of our last name Tys0n. [name]Stephen[/name] and [name]Joseph[/name] are my boys’ middle names. [name]BIL[/name] is [name]Luke[/name]. DH gave a solid no vote to [name]Simon[/name]. I’ve brought it up with him for awhile and there’s been no change in the “I hate it” face. So [name]James[/name], [name]Gabriel[/name], [name]Nicholas[/name], and [name]Andrew[/name] definately are on the list with no clear leader. [name]Andrew[/name]'s probably dh’s favorite and my least favorite.

I think we could both get really on board with [name]Louis[/name] but I’ve really been pushing using [name]Lawrence[/name] or [name]Elias[/name] as a middle name. (My first choice is [name]Lawrence[/name] b/c it’s a family name on both side - dh’s and fil mn and my dad’s fn.) Is there any possibility of [name]Louis[/name] [name]Lawrence[/name] Tys0n or [name]Louis[/name] [name]Elias[/name] Tys0n working?

I think [name]Louis[/name] [name]Lawrence[/name] is just fine, flow-wise. Although I don’t know if [name]Louis[/name] is the best fit with the older siblings. Actually, I think [name]Timothy[/name] flows well with your last name too because of the different number of syllables but if the alliteration bothers you, then skip it. I like [name]Elias[/name] [name]Lawrence[/name] nn [name]Eli[/name] - a really nice fit!

I’ll revisted [name]Timothy[/name] with dh. It might have been thrown out b/c [name]Thomas[/name] doesn’t work but the change in syllables does make for better flow.

So do you think [name]Elias[/name] flows better with the other kids’ names better than [name]Louis[/name]?

[name]How[/name] are you pronouncing [name]Louis[/name]? Like lou-ee? I don’t think it sounds as good a fit with [name]Paul[/name] and [name]Mark[/name] as some of the other names but it’s more important you find a name you both love than a name that goes with his brothers, in my opinion.

Have you considered [name]Lewis[/name]? it’s very common and classic over here in the UK (like a [name]Robert[/name] and [name]Ryan[/name]) but I hear it’s not used as much in the US. Anyway I think it sounds really good with [name]Paul[/name] and [name]Mark[/name]. Have you considered [name]Lawrence[/name] as a first name or is that out? I think it’s really cute! And yes I think [name]Timothy[/name] works fine with your last name because of the extra syllable :slight_smile:

[name]Louis[/name] [name]Lawrence[/name] could work but I agree that [name]Elias[/name] [name]Lawrence[/name] sounds better with your other boys.

Over here we pronounce [name]Louis[/name] and [name]Lewis[/name] exactly the same. We actually live near the city of St. [name]Louis[/name] (definately pronouced like [name]Lewis[/name]) so there wouldn’t be any pronunciation issues.

I’ve considered [name]Lawrence[/name] but haven’t found a nn I love. And ironically while my dad would love it if we named a baby [name]Lawrence[/name] after him he’s never really loved his name. I think he’s found [name]Lawrence[/name] too stuffy and [name]Larry[/name] (which he uses) a little too laid back.

Since my dad is [name]Lawrence[/name] [name]Elias[/name] if we used the first name [name]Elias[/name] we wouldn’t half to use [name]Lawrence[/name] in the middle although we certainly could. I might go with [name]Elias[/name] [name]John[/name] as dh’s dad’s name is [name]John[/name] [name]Lawrence[/name].

DH balked at the idea of [name]Timothy[/name] [name]Tyson[/name] initially but later emailed me with a maybe.

Lol so that’s progress at least!

in that case I think [name]Louis[/name] would be lovely :slight_smile:

Have you ever considered [name]Louis[/name] as a nn for [name]Lawrence[/name] (it’d make even more sense spelt [name]Lewis[/name] with the “w”)? Or another nn I love, msotly because of [name]Little[/name] Women is [name]Laurie[/name] :slight_smile:

[name]Elias[/name] [name]John[/name] has a nice flow to it though - I definitely like that combo.

[name]Do[/name] you have a favourite you’re leaning towards?

[name]Lewis[/name] as a nn for [name]Lawrence[/name] now that might have possibilies! It does have some of the similar sounds. [name]Laurie[/name] is not an option as my name is [name]Laura[/name].

I don’t have a favorite right now. I feel like suddenly I don’t like any boys names and the opposite use to be the case. [name]Baby[/name] #4 would have been [name]Jude[/name] if he was a boy but it doesnt’ feel right anymore. So I guess I’m leaning to having a girl :smiley:

My name’s [name]Laura[/name] too!

[name]Glad[/name] you liked the [name]Lawrence[/name] nn [name]Lewis[/name] idea but since you’re not really loving any boys names I’ll hope you have a girl too! Hehe. :slight_smile: