Are these too similar for brothers?

I’ve got one son called [name_u]Freddie[/name_u] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m], who is 3, and another boy due in [name_u]November[/name_u]. I really like the name [name_u]Reggie[/name_u] [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] for our next boy but I’m afraid [name_u]Freddie[/name_u] and [name_u]Reggie[/name_u] are too similar and possibly creating a theme for any further children. What do you think?

If it is creating a bit of a theme, it isn’t so terrible since we’d be quite fine naming another boy along the lines of [name_m]Archie[/name_m], [name_u]Alfie[/name_u], [name_u]Charlie[/name_u], [name_m]Louie[/name_m] or [name_m]Harry[/name_m] so there are options. If we have a girl the next go around, she’ll likely be [name_f]Isla[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f].

If you do think it’s too much, what do you suggest?

Thanks xx

I think it’s fine

For me I think they are a bit too similar, sorry. [name_m]Eddie[/name_m] or [name_m]Ralphie[/name_m] might work as good substitutes? Other suggestions: [name_u]Riley[/name_u], [name_m]Rocco[/name_m], [name_u]Rex[/name_u], [name_m]Ralph[/name_m]/[name_m]Ralphie[/name_m], [name_m]Albert[/name_m]/[name_u]Bertie[/name_u]. Although I’m a big fan of [name_m]Archie[/name_m] and [name_m]Albie[/name_m], personally.

I think [name_u]Freddie[/name_u] and [name_u]Reggie[/name_u] are cute together albeit they’re sort of sing-songy. I think your other options for a potential baby #3 are nicer than [name_u]Reggie[/name_u] to be honest. [name_u]Freddie[/name_u] and [name_m]Archie[/name_m] are quite adorable and work great with a potential baby sister named [name_f]Isla[/name_f].

I don’t think it’s a problem at all. They sound different enough and though it is a bit “sing-songy” it’s nothing most will ever notice.

Overall if you feel you love [name_u]Reggie[/name_u] over the other choices then go with it, [name_u]Reggie[/name_u] might not be what I would choose out of your choices but it’s not my kid sonI don’t have to love the name but you do. Let that be the real defining factor of your choice.

Also since you’ve already acknowledged the impending possibility of a ie/y ending name trend and don’t feel weighed down or bothered by it then I think it’s perfectly fine!

And adding [name_m]Archie[/name_m] to the sibset would be adorable!

It is similar, but not awful. It’s pretty cute actually. And it is clear that you’ve thought about possible future babies fitting the pattern, so I think it is okay.

I don’t see any problem at all here, especially as you already know possible future baby names, and they all work fine with [name_u]Freddie[/name_u] and [name_u]Reggie[/name_u].