Are these too similar for potential siblings?

I’ve been worrying about the similarities with three of my top names since I discovered they were all at the top of my list, and I wanted to run it by all of you.

So the question is, my top names, for a boy and a girl, are [name_u]Emerson[/name_u] (possible nn [name_u]Emory[/name_u]) and [name_f]Elodie[/name_f] “[name_f]Ellie[/name_f]”. I try to stay away from sibling names that start with the same letter, but I absolutely love those two. My second girl’s name, [name_f]Amelie[/name_f], obviously has elements in common with both.

So, for a son and two daughters, are [name_u]Emerson[/name_u], [name_f]Elodie[/name_f] “[name_f]Ellie[/name_f]”, & [name_f]Amelie[/name_f] too similar a sibset?

While I don’t generally like alliterative sibsets, I think [name_u]Emerson[/name_u] and [name_f]Elodie[/name_f] are nice together. And [name_u]Emerson[/name_u] and [name_f]Amelie[/name_f] are obviously okay. But I don’t really like the three together if [name_f]Elodie[/name_f] will go by “[name_f]Ellie[/name_f]” a lot. [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] and [name_f]Amelie[/name_f] are just too similar for me. In fact, I think “[name_f]Ellie[/name_f]” is an acceptable nickname for [name_f]Amelie[/name_f]. [name_u]Emory[/name_u] and [name_f]Amelie[/name_f] are also too similar.

I really like [name_f]Elodie[/name_f] and [name_f]Amelie[/name_f] together if they go by their full names.

Also, I know you didn’t ask, but I’m not sure [name_u]Emory[/name_u] is a very intuitive nickname for [name_u]Emerson[/name_u].

I like [name_u]Emerson[/name_u] with [name_f]Amelie[/name_f] for sure. Not crazy about [name_u]Emery[/name_u] for a nn, I would just use the full name. I like [name_u]Emerson[/name_u] with [name_f]Elodie[/name_f]/[name_f]Ellie[/name_f] too, but with [name_f]Amelie[/name_f] is better.

[name_f]Amelie[/name_f] with [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] is too close imo, but it is probably fine to use [name_f]Amelie[/name_f] with [name_f]Elodie[/name_f].

I don’t think they’re too similar sounding at all. I love the nickname [name_u]Emory[/name_u] and [name_f]Ellie[/name_f], and with [name_f]Amelie[/name_f] as a sister, they flow so well together!

[name_u]Emerson[/name_u] and [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] aren’t too close. [name_f]Amelie[/name_f] and [name_f]Ellie[/name_f], however, are too close for my taste.

You can have [name_u]Emerson[/name_u] and [name_f]Elodie[/name_f] (they share an initial but they are different enough in sound) OR [name_u]Emerson[/name_u] and [name_f]Amelie[/name_f] (my preference). I do find the nicknames to be matchy ([name_u]Emory[/name_u], [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] and [name_f]Amy[/name_f]/[name_f]Millie[/name_f]?) as are the full names of [name_f]Amelie[/name_f] and [name_f]Elodie[/name_f]. I would just pick one and let the other go or use it in the middle spot for another daughter.

You could probably get away with it, but I wouldn’t do it. They’re all rather similar to one another, but instead of forming a cohesive sibset, it feels like you’d really just like to give all your kids the same name. My advice would be to use one and keep looking for the others.

I like [name_u]Emerson[/name_u] and [name_f]Elodie[/name_f] together but not with [name_f]Amelie[/name_f].

I think it’s ok, but I’m very into having sibling names compliment each other though. It make sme love the name even more. I like not only getting compliments on my babies names but also how nicely they go together! Haha. It makes me smile :). I know they won’t be a "sib set l forever but they will always be siblings and I don’t know…I just think it’s special. So I wouldn’t do those names together but they’re sstill fine if you really love it!

I love the sound of [name_u]Emerson[/name_u] & [name_f]Amelie[/name_f] together, just gorgeous. [name_u]Emerson[/name_u] & [name_f]Elodie[/name_f] are fine too but the three of them together do not work, they are too similar.

They are probably too matchy for my taste. I tend to play it safe. I’m not a big fan of matchy names. [name_u]Emerson[/name_u], [name_f]Amelie[/name_f], and [name_f]Elodie[/name_f] all flow into each other, but they’re nice individually. At least if you pick all of these names, your kids will have nice names. I think it could work, but it’s not my style.
Of course this is all theoretical: if you plan to have kids the natural way you could end up with three boys!
Good [name_m]Luck[/name_m]!