Are these weird literary names usable?

I think [name_m]Aramis[/name_m] and Blakeney could work. Only on a boy though.

I’m surprised no one’s pointed out that [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] didn’t write The Three Musketeers, it was [name_m]Dumas[/name_m] :slight_smile:

[name_m]Aramis[/name_m]'s name was lovely, but his actual personality wasn’t, I thought… He’s a bit feminine and sly and it would bother me to be named after a womanizer. But a kid probably wouldn’t get teased about it because not many bullies would actually read the book!

Ohmygoodness! I can’t believe I missed that. I was thinking of The Three Musketeers, and The [name_m]Count[/name_m] of [name_m]Monte[/name_m] Cristo, and I just mixed up the authors with [name_u]Les[/name_u] Miserables, I suppose. Of course I knew that; I just totally wasn’t thinking, lol!

[name_m]Ah[/name_m], well, maybe the new BBC series isn’t as closely mirrored to the actual novel as I had hoped? I have read a little of the novel (I’m not sure I’ve gotten to [name_m]Aramis[/name_m], Athos, and [name_m]Porthos[/name_m] yet!), but I have all these other books I’ve had rented out at the library, so it got shoved on the back burner. I love [name_m]Aramis[/name_m] in the show–he’s quite emotional and sensitive, has a high sense of doing what’s right, and yet is so mischievous and lighthearted. He acts by his feelings rather than with his actual brain, which probably explains why he’s had an affair with the queen on the show. :slight_smile: I really do need to read the novel, but in the series, I think [name_m]Aramis[/name_m] is brilliant. I wouldn’t want to use [name_m]Aramis[/name_m] until I read the actual novel, anyway, but I liked him so much in the show that I figured I’d love him just as much in the actual novel.

All of the names are very handsome and usable-- except for Pimpernel. Avoid Pimpernel at all costs. With “pimp” and “pimple” both being so similar, I think he’d get made fun of his whole life. But I understand your struggle! Have you thought about Perseus or just Percy instead of Percival?

Ooh! [name_m]Perseus[/name_m] is so sexy. (I don’t like [name_u]Percy[/name_u] though so I’d stick [name_m]Perseus[/name_m] in the middle)

@dewdropsandroses and @orchid_lover - I do love [name_m]Perseus[/name_m]! It reminds me more of [name_u]Percy[/name_u] [name_m]Jackson[/name_m] (which, I’ve not read the books, but I liked the movies) than Mr. [name_f]Scarlet[/name_f] Pimpernel himself, but it’s still a literary association–I guess? Either way, I do like [name_m]Perseus[/name_m] a lot; I’m just not sure how it’d fit on my list.

Well… I have to admit, I’m a sucker for [name_m]Ferrars[/name_m]. It just strikes a weird kind of cord with me. I [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] ‘Sense & Sensibility’ and for some odd reason I find the name [name_m]Ferrars[/name_m] attractive :3
[name_m]Aramis[/name_m] and Blakeney could work, if you’re into that kind of eloquence, though I probably wouldn’t use them myself. But that’s entirely my opinion.
Pimpernel and [name_m]Rochester[/name_m] though? No. To me, those names are just too much for a child to bear.
Honestly, it’s all a bit of a hit or a miss with literary names. But allow me to state again how VERY much I approve of [name_m]Ferrars[/name_m]! xD

haha! Well, I like [name_m]Ferrars[/name_m] a lot, too. It’s just so surnamey; I’m not sure how to include it! But I’d like to use either [name_m]Edward[/name_m] or [name_m]Ferrars[/name_m]. I’m reading Sense and Sensibility right now, and I just love [name_m]Edward[/name_m] a lot. I admit, I love him a lot more in the BBC miniseries than I do in the book (so far, at least), but I still love him. I had thought I might use [name_m]Caspar[/name_m] [name_u]Gray[/name_u] [name_m]Ferrars[/name_m] or something, but I’m not really loving that anymore. I’ve been leaning toward [name_m]Caspar[/name_m] [name_m]Benjamin[/name_m]/[name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_m]Benjamin[/name_m], so I guess I might do [name_m]Caspar[/name_m] [name_m]Benjamin[/name_m] [name_m]Ferrars[/name_m]/[name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_m]Benjamin[/name_m] [name_m]Ferrars[/name_m]? [name_m]Jack[/name_m] [name_u]August[/name_u] [name_m]Ferrars[/name_m]? [name_u]Rory[/name_u] [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] [name_m]Edward[/name_m]? I don’t know. I’m wondering if I’ll have to let him go, honestly, because I can’t seem to settle on anything.

I love [name_m]Aramis[/name_m], it’s on my list as well. I think all of them would work as middle name, except for Pimpernel. :slight_smile: