Are we being unoriginal?

My partners fathers name is [name]Michael[/name] [name]Andreas[/name], and we plan to name our first son [name]Andreas[/name] [name]Michael[/name] in honor of him (also we just love the name). But lately I’ve been thinking that we should pick a different middle name. Are we being too unoriginal in just swapping the position of the names? Would it be better to give him a mn that is just his own and not after someone? I love the flow of [name]Andreas[/name] [name]Michael[/name] though. What do you think we should do, go with [name]Andreas[/name] [name]Michael[/name] or [name]Andreas[/name] [new middle name]?

What middle names go with [name]Andreas[/name]? Last name is one syllable and starts with a C. I’d like something that is a little more traditional and is used in both Germany and the US, but I’ll take any suggestions you have. Thanks!

The ones I’ve thought of:
[name]Andreas[/name] [name]Peter[/name]- [name]Peter[/name] would be after a family surname. I really like this one.
[name]Andreas[/name] [name]William[/name]
[name]Andreas[/name] [name]Victor[/name]

[name]Hi[/name]!

No, I don’t think you are being unoriginal! By the way, I think [name]Andreas[/name] is really cool, and if he feels like it, he can always go by [name]Andy[/name] or something, even [name]Andre[/name] or [name]Andres[/name]! Anyway, you could switch it to something like [name]Andreas[/name] [name]Micah[/name] or [name]Andreas[/name] [name]Mitchell[/name], both of which have a similar sound to [name]Andreas[/name] [name]Michael[/name]. I’d definitely stick with a two-syllable middle name, though, to get that “ideal” 3-2-1 syllabic pattern…

By the way, I love [name]Andreas[/name] [name]Peter[/name] so much!

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

Thanks for the input! I think we’ll go with the nn [name]Ace[/name], if it fits him. [name]Andreas[/name] [name]Peter[/name] is really growing on me. It doesnt flow quite as well as [name]Andreas[/name] [name]Michael[/name] with the last name but [name]Peter[/name] has huge family signicance for me so it would be nice to use it.

I love [name]Andreas[/name] [name]Michael[/name]. [name]Michael[/name] has such a lovely sound to it and [name]Andreas[/name] is such a handsome name. I would definitely keep this combo.

I love [name]Peter[/name] but I think [name]Andreas[/name] [name]Michael[/name] has the pizzazz.
(nn [name]Andre[/name]/s)

I say go with [name]Andreas[/name] [name]Peter[/name] if it has significance to you.

I would prefer a child having his own middle name. [name]Peter[/name], since is connected with a different family member or line is a nice switch.
I’d go with [name]Andreas[/name] [name]Peter[/name].

Another vote for [name]Andreas[/name] [name]Peter[/name] … I think it would be nice to honour more than one person, and it makes the name more of his own.

I would go with [name]Andreas[/name] [name]Peter[/name] or something else from your side of the family. What about your dad? I think he might feel slighted if you named the baby entirely after his other grandfather. [name]Andreas[/name] [name]Michael[/name] is very nice but I don’t like that it honors only one person.

Oh and I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Ace[/name] as a nickname! So cute! I know someone whose last name is [name]Andres[/name] and their baby is a fourth and his nickname is [name]Ace[/name], I think it’s adorable.

Thanks for your comments, they are very helpful. My dad had his first grandson named after him so I dont think he will mind. This would be Michaels first grandson likely (I dont see his brother having kids before us) so it only seems fitting to name his first grandson after him. [name]Peter[/name] actually works to honors lots of people, so I think we will go with that.

The only reason I liked [name]Andreas[/name] [name]Michael[/name] is because in my family it is tradition to hand down first names as mns. My grandpa was [name]James[/name] [name]Edgar[/name], my dad is [name]Steven[/name] [name]James[/name] and my nephew is [name]Jacob[/name] [name]Steven[/name]. I think we are going to break tradition though and use [name]Edgar[/name] and [name]Andreas[/name] to honor our family. [name]James[/name] just really doesnt work for a middle name with either [name]Julian[/name] or [name]Andreas[/name]. [name]Andreas[/name] [name]James[/name] isnt terrible but with the last name ending in S also, it becomes a little hard to say.

The other one I have considered is [name]Andreas[/name] [name]Edgar[/name], after my grandpa. I would only use it if I knew we were not ever going to have another boy because I want to save [name]Julian[/name] [name]Edgar[/name] for boy #2.

[name]Leah[/name],

You mentioned [name]Julian[/name] [name]Edgar[/name]. Thinking about it, I think I prefer [name]Julian[/name] [name]Michael[/name] and [name]Andreas[/name] [name]Edgar[/name], personally. What do you think?

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

[name]Lemon[/name],

I like [name]Andreas[/name] [name]Edgar[/name] and [name]Julian[/name] [name]Michael[/name] too. I also like [name]Julian[/name] [name]Peter[/name], most of my middle names seem interchangable. I like [name]Julian[/name] [name]Edgar[/name] slightly more though because it reminds me more of my grandpas name, [name]James[/name] [name]Edgar[/name] (same initials). At this point I’m thinking [name]Edgar[/name] and [name]Peter[/name] as mns for sure. If we have a third boy then I’d use [name]Michael[/name] or [name]James[/name].

• [name]Leah[/name]

[name]Julian[/name] [name]Peter[/name] is terrific. I have never heard that combo before, it is fresh and spunky with a modern and classic vibe. Wow, I am impressed.