Are we crazy for liking these names...?

We’ve been obsessed with the name [name_f]Marla[/name_f], [name_u]Mackenzie[/name_u], and [name_u]Emerson[/name_u] lately, but are not sure which one should we pick. We like [name_f]Marla[/name_f] because it’s just such a unique and soft-sounding name, which ages well. We love [name_u]Mackenzie[/name_u] for literally no reason, but it just gives us that kind of feeling. And for [name_u]Emerson[/name_u], we love it because it’s so uncommon, soft-sounding, and stunningly beautiful. The only problems are that we’re afraid that [name_u]Mackenzie[/name_u] is a little bit too popular, and [name_u]Emerson[/name_u] is a bit too unisex-ish.
What do you guys think? [name_f]Do[/name_f] you think it ages well and is it too girly and cutesy/just perfect/too dated-sounding.
Note:
Also, please don’t tell us that you think [name_u]Mackenzie[/name_u] is too dated-sounding. If you do, please just go to a forum that you like.
Thanks

I don’t think you’re crazy for liking any of these! They are all lovely. I love [name_f]Marla[/name_f] and think that would be my frist choice. Like you said, it has a softness to it. I think it’s cozy and sweet, and familiar without being a name you hear often - all qualities I love in a name! Second choice would be [name_u]Emerson[/name_u]. I love the literary connection and the sound of it. It’s definitely unisex, but that doesn’t bother me! I don’t think [name_u]Mackenzie[/name_u] sounds too dated or anything, it’s just my least favorite of the three options.

I don’t think you’re crazy for loving these. They’re not exactly my taste but they’re more than fresh, interesting and appealing! I like [name_u]Emerson[/name_u] the best - it’s stylish, versatile ([name_f]Emmy[/name_f], [name_f]Mercy[/name_f]/Mersy, [name_u]Sonny[/name_u]) and no more unisex to me than [name_u]Mackenzie[/name_u] is.

Nope all nice names. [name_f]Marla[/name_f] hits the sweet spot of being familiar yet distinct. The only downside I can really think of is that it reminds me of Marlboro, but most probably won’t consider that. [name_u]Mackenzie[/name_u] is cute a name kids seem to love having. Sure it’s not as trendy as it was, but I don’t think it was popular enough in the 90’s/00’s to be “of the era”. My favorite is [name_u]Emerson[/name_u] and think it suits either gender well. It manages to feel modern yet substantial and is just fun to say. Based on your writing, it seems like [name_u]Mackenzie[/name_u] really speaks to you. It’s actually not that much more popular than [name_u]Emerson[/name_u], ranking at 99. Of course there are the other spellings to consider, but it’s not so high I would see any reason to avoid it.

I love [name_f]Marla[/name_f]! It’s super pretty. [name_u]Mackenzie[/name_u] I don’t mind, but it is kind of popular. [name_u]Emerson[/name_u] I can’t get onboard with. I don’t think it’s too unisex, in fact the only [name_u]Emerson[/name_u] I know is a girl, but I’m just not a huge fan of the sound. All three would age really well, in my opinion.

And what do you guys think would be a good middle name for the one you like (or even all of them)?
For [name_f]Marla[/name_f]: we would like a three syllable and uncommon (as a first name, not a middle name) name that ends in A (rhymes with [name_f]Marla[/name_f])
Ex. [name_u]Montana[/name_u]
For [name_u]Emerson[/name_u]: basically the same, three or for syllable, uncommon as a first name that rhymes with [name_u]Emerson[/name_u] (don’t have to necessarily end in something as long as rhymes with [name_u]Emerson[/name_u])
For [name_u]Mackenzie[/name_u]: same taste but rhymes with [name_u]Mackenzie[/name_u]
And please don’t be like “oh [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] is a good one!” We really dislike dated middle names that are used in like the 1800s.
Thanks

[name_f]Marla[/name_f] is my favorite by far! It feels unexpected on a little girl today, and I love its soft sound.

[name_f]Marla[/name_f] [name_f]Estrella[/name_f]
[name_f]Marla[/name_f] [name_f]Vanessa[/name_f]
[name_f]Marla[/name_f] [name_f]Winona[/name_f]
[name_f]Marla[/name_f] [name_f]Kerensa[/name_f]
[name_f]Marla[/name_f] [name_f]Kianna[/name_f]
[name_f]Marla[/name_f] [name_f]Rosetta[/name_f]
[name_f]Marla[/name_f] [name_f]Ondina[/name_f]
[name_f]Marla[/name_f] [name_f]Karina[/name_f]
[name_f]Marla[/name_f] [name_f]Pandora[/name_f]
[name_f]Marla[/name_f] [name_f]Anita[/name_f]
[name_f]Marla[/name_f] [name_f]Renata[/name_f]

[name_f]Marla[/name_f] is stunning!

[name_f]Marla[/name_f] [name_f]Roxanna[/name_f]
[name_f]Marla[/name_f] [name_f]Bianca[/name_f]
[name_f]Marla[/name_f] [name_f]Briana[/name_f]
[name_f]Marla[/name_f] [name_f]Carissa[/name_f]
[name_f]Marla[/name_f] [name_f]Camila[/name_f]
[name_f]Marla[/name_f] [name_f]Soraya[/name_f]
[name_f]Marla[/name_f] [name_f]Cassandra[/name_f]
[name_f]Marla[/name_f] [name_f]Francesca[/name_f]
Marla Serena
Marla Sabrina
Marla Savannah
Marla Siena
Marla Briella

[name_f]Marla[/name_f] is lovely! If you are worried that [name_u]Emerson[/name_u] is too unisex, though, I might caution you that as a woman I personally would not enjoy having a name that ends in -son. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you like [name_f]Emeline[/name_f]/[name_f]Emmalynn[/name_f] as an alternative?

I hope these are your style:

[name_f]Marla[/name_f] [name_f]Violetta[/name_f]
[name_f]Marla[/name_f] [name_f]Corinna[/name_f]
[name_f]Marla[/name_f] [name_f]Atalanta[/name_f]
[name_f]Marla[/name_f] [name_f]Ginevra[/name_f]
[name_f]Marla[/name_f] [name_f]Ramona[/name_f]
[name_f]Marla[/name_f] [name_f]Seraphina[/name_f]
[name_f]Marla[/name_f] [name_f]Allegra[/name_f]
[name_f]Marla[/name_f] [name_f]Electra[/name_f]

[name_u]Mackenzie[/name_u] [name_f]Ariadne[/name_f]
[name_u]Mackenzie[/name_u] [name_u]Bellamy[/name_u]
[name_u]Mackenzie[/name_u] [name_f]Romilly[/name_f]
[name_u]Mackenzie[/name_u] [name_f]Elodie[/name_f]
[name_u]Mackenzie[/name_u] [name_f]Evanthe[/name_f]
[name_u]Mackenzie[/name_u] [name_f]Waverley[/name_f]

I actually think [name_u]Emerson[/name_u] is slightly more popular than [name_u]Mackenzie[/name_u]. I don’t know many [name_u]Mackenzie[/name_u]'s and most of them are a little older (I don’t think the name is dated at all either!)

Some middle name recommendations:

[name_u]Mackenzie[/name_u] [name_u]Bellamy[/name_u]
[name_u]Mackenzie[/name_u] [name_f]Amelie[/name_f] (ah- ma- lie)
[name_u]Mackenzie[/name_u] [name_f]Penelope[/name_f]
[name_u]Mackenzie[/name_u] [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]

All three are nice names! My favourite is [name_u]Emerson[/name_u]! [name_u]Love[/name_u] the potential nn [name_f]Emmy[/name_f]. [name_f]Marla[/name_f] is cute but i prefer [name_f]Marlo[/name_f]/[name_u]Marlowe[/name_u].