Are we just being crazy?

Thank you…[name]Felix[/name] is my favourite on the list too! I’ll definitely suggest these to DF. He’s really into [name]Marvel[/name] comics and [name]Star[/name] Trek…me not so much, but I understand how much he loves them.
His reasoning is if we call the baby [name]James[/name] [name]Tiberius[/name] for example, not many people get the reference. And if they do, you know they’re geeky too and there you have an instant friendship haha!

I also love [name]James[/name] [name]Tiberius[/name]! what about [name]Lex[/name]? isnt that the name on superman?

[name]Lex[/name] is a name from Superman but we feel it’s too close to my brother’s name, which is [name]Alexander[/name]. But I suppose as a middle name it could work.

Why not use [name]Kirk[/name] as a middle name?

Or:

From [name]Star[/name] Trek:
[name]Enterprise[/name]
Abrams (director of the newest [name]Star[/name] Trek)
[name]Leonard[/name] (as in Nimoy)
[name]McCoy[/name] (“Bones”)
[name]Montgomery[/name] ([name]Scotty[/name])
Sulu
[name]Nero[/name] (even tho he’s a bad guy)
[name]Pike[/name]
Sarek
[name]Kelvin[/name]

From Superman:
[name]Kent[/name]
[name]Luthor[/name]
[name]Lane[/name]
[name]Jonathon[/name]
[name]Olsen[/name]
[name]Emil[/name]
[name]Hamilton[/name]
[name]Phineas[/name]

From Batman:
[name]Alfred[/name]
[name]Gordon[/name]
Gotham
[name]Wayne[/name]
Bordeaux
[name]Silver[/name]
[name]Knight[/name]
[name]Dawes[/name]
[name]Lucius[/name]
[name]Fox[/name]

[name]How[/name] about using the super heroes first names for eg:
Batman is [name]Bruce[/name] [name]Wayne[/name], the Joker is [name]Joe[/name] [name]Kerr[/name],
[name]Robin[/name] is [name]Dick[/name] [name]Grayson[/name], Super [name]Man[/name] is [name]Clark[/name] [name]Kent[/name], Spider [name]Man[/name] is [name]Peter[/name] [name]Parker[/name] etc… So for instance [name]Felix[/name] [name]Joe[/name] [name]Kerr[/name] your still getting (joker as a middle name but using the spelling of a regular name. hope this helps
and good luck!

I agree with most, Joker just doesn’t seem like a wise move for reasons previously stated.

My DH loves comics too, but he didn’t want to go that route. We did go geek though! DS was born in [name]October[/name], [name]Weston[/name] [name]Tiberius[/name] - it was my idea, and DH is still iffy about having gone quirky, but I love it, and if we didn’t have to explain it to the pills in his family he’d be perfectly ok with it. My sister is jealous she didn’t think of it for her son 9 years ago as she is a Shatner & [name]Kirk[/name] fan like me.

What really did it for me was the opening sequence of the new movie - when we saw it in the theater I was 4 months along and cried my eyes out through the entire sequence.

As for first names, you have to consider the picked-on factor. I don’t know that I’d go with [name]Gaius[/name], nor would I pair [name]Tiberius[/name] with rhyming last syllables of first names, like [name]Caius[/name], [name]Maximus[/name], [name]Thomas[/name], or [name]Tobias[/name] (besides [name]Tobias[/name] [name]Tiberius[/name] would just be really cruel!) - it would just be too much, but I like all those names with other middle names.

Good luck!

I am not crazy about Joker, but you are correct- you can be more adventerous with the middle name since it is nt used that much in daily life. So if you like it, go for it.

FYI I really like [name]James[/name] Tiberous.Seriously.

[name]Leo[/name] [name]Magnus[/name] is an GREAT name!

Ditto the [name]James[/name] [name]Tiberius[/name] : )

Thank you…[name]Felix[/name] is my favourite on the list too! I’ll definitely suggest these to DF. He’s really into [name]Marvel[/name] comics and [name]Star[/name] Trek…me not so much, but I understand how much he loves them.
His reasoning is if we call the baby [name]James[/name] [name]Tiberius[/name] for example, not many people get the reference. And if they do, you know they’re geeky too and there you have an instant friendship haha![/quote]

That’s actually pretty clever reasoning for liking [name]James[/name] [name]Tiberius[/name], because if they get the reference, it’s totally instant friends! Haha.
Let me know what he thinks about the other options, I hope you guys find something you both love.

Ok well I suggested all the names mentioned to DF…and he didn’t go for it! He’s really loving [name]Felix[/name] Joker right now.
On another website someone said that Joker could be his nickname when he’s a teenager and that’s not such a bad thing?
The other middle name he likes is Arkham…as in Arkham Asylum! This might be a bit better as it’s technically the name of a place, not a villain, and I don’t see how it’s any different than kids being named [name]Ryker[/name] (which makes me think of the real-life jail).
He also likes [name]James[/name] [name]Gordon[/name] (Commissioner [name]Gordon[/name]). Two very normal names but [name]Gordon[/name] just reminds me of Gorgon! Although I will consider this one.
Who ever thought naming children was this hard??

[name]Felix[/name] Arkham is MUCH better than [name]Felix[/name] Joker!

I think only because jokers a villian I would not do that. At first it sounds alright but if you think about it who would want to be named after a villian? Four superhero names I would go with Xmen or Fantastic four names because there’s soooo many
choices! I’ve seen binders filled with xmen cards im sure there’s a good mn somewhere in there! Ps. I like [name]Felix[/name] too!

I agree, it is a little unusual but not the worse to use Joker as a middle name…Like you said - few people ever hear what your middle name is.

That said, I would stick with something more traditional as a first name if you want to pair it with something THAT unusual…unless you want people to laugh behind your (and your kid’s back)

Ditto!

I’m hearing that! Please, take your son seriously… don’t use Joker. Why don’t you save Joker for a pet?

I don’t mean to be rude but, Joker? No.

Good [name]Luck[/name]:slight_smile:

• [name]Charlie[/name]

I don’t see how [name]Heath[/name] Ledger is any worse role model than say someone like [name]Michael[/name] [name]Jackson[/name], yet hundreds of people call there kids [name]Jackson[/name].

I wouldn’t personally give my child the middle name Joker, but at least its in the middle, I have seen far worse first names.

So many names on your list are on ours :slight_smile:
I love [name]Felix[/name], [name]Tobias[/name], [name]Theodore[/name], [name]Otto[/name], [name]Thomas[/name].
I second the suggestion of [name]Cassius[/name] I also like [name]Cato[/name].

I don’t think [name]Heath[/name] Ledger is a bad role model as far as actors go; wasn’t his death caused by an accidental overdose of prescription medication? It’s a melancholy association perhaps but not overly negative, imo. Ultimately, my vote has to go to [name]James[/name] [name]Tiberius[/name]!

I would not use Joker or ryker as they have negative connotation. I think the fact that your posting your concerns about the joker middle name on multiple message boards means that you aren’t so hot about it. People will make comments about the name joker so if you choose it you better just be confident in your choice.

Thank you so much everyone!
You’re right, I wasn’t comfortable with Joker for a mn. However, we have now decided and agreed on a name, but we are keeping it a secret til he’s born!
So I will post an update or something in a few weeks! (And don’t worry, Joker is not part of the name).
Thanks again everyone!