Are we overlooking the obvious???

See the results of this poll: Please vote for your favourite.

Respondents: 22 (This poll is closed)

• Elizabeth Julia Stanford: 15 (68%)
  • Elsa Julia Stanford: 7 (32%)

I voted for [name]Elsa[/name] [name]Julia[/name]. It was kind of hard to decide because I think that [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Julia[/name] sounds better to me, but I think that [name]Elsa[/name] fits better with [name]Finleigh[/name] and [name]Paul[/name]. Ultimately, I decided on the one that I thought made a better sibset.

Edited to clarify My concern with the name [name]Elizabeth[/name] is how [name]Finleigh[/name] will feel. It’s not that [name]Elizabeth[/name] would not fit well with [name]Paul[/name] and [name]Finleigh[/name], it’s just that if her siblings both have fairly traditional names, will that make her name stand out too much??

I voted for [name]Elizabeth[/name]. It sounds beautiful with [name]Julia[/name], and with your other kids’ names. [name]Even[/name] though it is a tad on the popular side, it is a classic name, so certainly not trendy. It is also a family name for you. The nn [name]Elsie[/name] is not at all popular, as far as I know.

I voted for [name]Elizabeth[/name] nn [name]Elsie[/name]. (I like [name]Tessa[/name] from your previous poll better, but that doesn’t really go with [name]Julia[/name] either). I love the [name]Elsie[/name] nn and think that it fits well with [name]Paul[/name] and [name]Finleigh[/name]. But as a full name [name]Elsa[/name] is not my style. I think [name]Elizabeth[/name] flows well with [name]Julia[/name] and your last name and it stands better on its own in my opinion.

DH nixed [name]Tessa[/name]. [name]Ah[/name] well, it was [name]Finn[/name]'s idea in the first place. She is three and wants to call the baby [name]Theresa[/name]. Where on earth did she get [name]Theresa[/name]??? I like [name]Tess[/name] too… so I put it up there for [name]Finn[/name]. : )

I love [name]Elizabeth[/name]. It seems a lot more classic and timeless, than [name]Elsa[/name] (which is beautiful too), and I prefer the sound.

I voted for [name]Elizabeth[/name]. I like how it pays tribute to your daughter (I am so sorry!) but is also quite different so it stands on its own instead of being a substitute name, if that makes sense. This way she can still be [name]Elsa[/name], but she can be something else since [name]Elizabeth[/name] has a lot of other nicknames. Plus, it’s a beautiful name and I think goes well with her siblings.

I voted for [name]Elizabeth[/name], since it flows well with [name]Julia[/name] (which is lovely) and is much more ageless and less cutesy than [name]Elsa[/name]. You could even spell it [name]Elisabeth[/name] to make the nn more accessible.
I think [name]Elizabeth[/name] is the perfect solution as a nn for [name]Elsa[/name], especially since it’s a family name!

I voted for [name]Elizabeth[/name], too. Yes, it’s popular, but it’s a timeless classic. You’re very lucky to have [name]Elizabeth[/name] as a family name! :slight_smile:

Good luck!