Are we still good?

In [name_f]February[/name_f] we decided on [name_u]Rex[/name_u] [name_m]Thaddeus[/name_m] for our little boy, who should be here in just a few weeks. (The middle is his dad’s name, so that’s firm at this point and I should mention that our girls already call him by name in my belly).

I like [name_u]Rex[/name_u] a lot. I’d even say I love it. It’s the right mix of quirky and traditional and I think it pairs nicely with our girls, [name_f]Zadie[/name_f] and [name_f]Lula[/name_f].

But part of me can’t shake all the dog and dinosaur comments I see on the boards.

[name_f]Do[/name_f] we need to look for other options or are we good?!

I love [name_u]Rex[/name_u]! It’s so perfect with [name_f]Zadie[/name_f] and [name_f]Lula[/name_f]. I recently saw a little boy named [name_u]Rex[/name_u] and it was adorable on him. The dog/dinosaur association is there but it doesn’t bother me and it’s really not that strong.

Thank you! I love your girl names, by the way. [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]/[name_f]Bea[/name_f] was at the top of our list if this one was a girl and [name_f]Winnie[/name_f] is adorable, too. [name_f]Lula[/name_f]’s middle is [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f], so that’s another favorite of mine too :slight_smile:

I think [name_u]Rex[/name_u] is absolutely perfect with his sisters. [name_u]Rex[/name_u] [name_m]Thaddeus[/name_m] is so lovely! The dinosaur association isn’t something I mind (especially because I think he’ll just think it’s kind of cool, if he thinks anything about it at all.) The dog association doesn’t bother me, I don’t think it’s that big of a deal. I would definitely go for it.

weirdly, I know dogs named [name_u]Rex[/name_u], [name_f]Zadie[/name_f] & [name_f]Lula[/name_f] LOL and I still think they work perfectly for kids!

You’re good. It pairs perfectly with your daughters, it’s quirky but strong, you love it. Anyone who matters in your sons life will quickly learn to associate the name with him rather than a dino or dog. And there are way worse associations out there, I’ve never understood the “that’s a dog name” argument… unless we’re talking fluffy.

Haha! Maybe I just like dog names!

[name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_u]Rex[/name_u] especially with sisters names too. I do think you are overthinking it, as we all do leading up to birth! I think your combo is a winner and the fact the girls are already using it sort of makes it feel meant to be ;). GL

I know 2 guys in their 20’s that are named [name_u]Rex[/name_u] and they pull it off perfectly! They’re strong, kind, and both very funny. It can definitely be a human name, like [name_u]Max[/name_u]!

I think [name_u]Rex[/name_u] is a fantastic name!

I’ve known two boys named [name_u]Rex[/name_u]. One was a nn for [name_m]Reginald[/name_m], and one was just [name_u]Rex[/name_u]. Neither one has been called a dinosaur or dog!

Personally I think “it’s a dog’s name” is silly. At the end of the day, any and all names can be given to dogs. It’s not like you’re naming your son Fido!

[name_f]Zadie[/name_f], [name_f]Lula[/name_f], and [name_u]Rex[/name_u] are adorable together! Best of luck!

I like it! [name_m]Thaddeus[/name_m] seems to balance it out perfectly too

It’s funny, on paper I don’t see the name working for a person, but I actually know a guy in his mid 20’s named [name_u]Rex[/name_u] from Guam. The name fit him perfectly and I never considered it odd at all! I would have a backup name at the hospital so when you see his face you have 2 options, but I think it would work fine, especially with your awesome daughters names. :slight_smile:

I’ve never actually met a dog named [name_u]Rex[/name_u], and what little boy wouldn’t want to be named king of the dinosaurs?

I think [name_u]Rex[/name_u] is a lovely name! I think anyone who makes the immediate leap to dinosaur or dog maybe isn’t using the most mature lenses to view the name? I think [name_u]Rex[/name_u] is vintage and spunky and my first thought isn’t “dog” or “dino.” And I think with [name_f]Zadie[/name_f] and [name_f]Lula[/name_f], [name_u]Rex[/name_u] is the perfect name!

[name_u]Rex[/name_u], [name_f]Zadie[/name_f], and [name_f]Lula[/name_f]? Are you freakin’ kidding me with this sibset? LITERAL PERFECTION. A+++. You have achieved the name equivalent of a perfect SAT score. Seriously. Please don’t doubt your choice – it’s absolutely fabulous.

I love [name_u]Rex[/name_u] !!!

I think [name_u]Rex[/name_u] pairs very nicely with [name_f]Zadie[/name_f] & [name_f]Lula[/name_f]. I did think of the dog/dinosaur associations, but not immediately, and the thought didn’t stick with me. I’d go ahead and use it!

[name_u]Love[/name_u] this response!

I think the dog/dino association is there but that shouldn’t stop you from using the name. If anything, embrace it. Throw the kid a dino themed party and put a t-rex on the cake!

Back when you first posted about [name_u]Rex[/name_u] [name_m]Thaddeus[/name_m] I thought it was a bit out-there, at least for my tastes. But it’s definitely grown on me, and is a perfect fit with your girls. In fact I now think it’s pretty kick-ass!

I don’t think it’s too ‘dog’ (I know of a [name_m]Buster[/name_m], anyway!)… and as a teacher of 5-6 yr olds, I can’t see the T-rex association being negative. My boys would [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] that.

Thank you for all of the reassurance everyone! Much appreciated :slight_smile: