Are you more partial to Catherine or Diana?

It’s for a name change (mine begins in August!) and I still don’t have a name. I’m curious though, as the title implies, which name do you prefer? As a first or a middle? [name_u]Or[/name_u] both together?

Also has anyone else run into a recent trend of people NOT being able to spell [name_f]Diana[/name_f]? Particularly with the younger generation. Older generation loves the name in my experience, I’ve had nothing but positivity but I was going about my usual name testing ways (i.e. how it sounds out loud in public like ordering from Starbucks) and no one has spelled [name_f]Diana[/name_f] the standard proper way, and I’ve even had some people call me Tiana!? [name_f]My[/name_f] accent can’t be THAT bad!

1 Like

I prefer [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] but Diana’s nice too. Most of the people I know can spell [name_f]Diana[/name_f] since it’s not that uncommon and I think the association with [name_f]Princess[/name_f] [name_f]Diana[/name_f] helps.

1 Like

[name_f]Diana[/name_f] for sure!! It’s one of my favorite names. I’ve never heard of anyone spelling [name_f]Diana[/name_f] wrong but it happens with every name.

I actually really like both [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] (that spelling is my favorite!) and [name_f]Diana[/name_f]. [name_f]Diana[/name_f] wins for me but I could see them in a combo together in either order. I’m surprised you ran into spelling issues with Diana…it is a classic name so not sure what happened there. Also not sure what you consider older generation…I’m in my 30s (so older than some Berries) and I do love Diana…also not sure how old the Starbucks employee was or maybe how loud it was blending up those drinks behind the counter! Maybe they just misheard. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I really like [name_f]Catherine[/name_f]! Sweet and strong and literary!

[name_f]Diana[/name_f] is nice too so you can’t go wrong with either, i just prefer [name_f]Catherine[/name_f]

1 Like

Definitely teenagers and I spoke VERY loudly cause I know how loud it is, lol. It’s also happened at a bubble tea place and a fast food place taking orders outside. They couldn’t even spell my husband’s name correctly - the same name as their manager as the window employee told me, so they weren’t sure what the heck was going on, lmao. I’m not sure what’s happening.

1 Like

I’m of the younger generation and I love Diana!! It’s one of my favorite names :yellow_heart:

[name_f]Diana[/name_f] is my very favourite name!!! [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] is also beautiful but [name_f]Diana[/name_f] is fantastic. Feminine and romantic sounding while having a strong mythology association. I just love [name_f]Diana[/name_f] so much :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Hmm I would have never guessed anyone would mishear it. It has a straightforward spelling and there’s a famous icon with it. [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] has many alternative spellings (Katherine, [name_f]Katheryn[/name_f], [name_f]Kathryn[/name_f], [name_f]Katharine[/name_f], etc.) so that would bother me a little more

1 Like

[name_f]Diana[/name_f]

I like [name_f]Diana[/name_f]! I feel like it is an unexpected classic that sounds fresh and spunky. I also like [name_f]Catherine[/name_f], but I don’t love the nickname Cate/Kate and I feel you would get called that a lot.

I prefer [name_f]Diana[/name_f]! It’s a simple classical beauty. I love it.

[name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_f]Diana[/name_f]! [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] is nice and this is my preferred spelling, but between popularity & all the different spellings it doesn’t feel as special to me as [name_f]Diana[/name_f], even though they rank pretty similar.

I definitely prerfer [name_f]Diana[/name_f] to [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] , although both names are lovely. You actually shocked me - I have never heard of anyone misspelling the name before. One would think that the association with [name_f]Princess[/name_f] [name_f]Diana[/name_f] would help make tha name familliar to almost everyone! Maybe the Starbucks employees simply were not paying much attention? I would imagine [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] being misspelled more often (for example with the K instead of a C , or misheard as Caitilin / [name_f]Kathleen[/name_f] etc. )

I love Diana, either as a first or a middle. And I’ve never heard of it being misspelled before! It’s such a classic

I have an aunt [name_f]Dianna[/name_f], but I didn’t her name was spelled this way until I was almost a teenager. lol. I think [name_f]Princess[/name_f] [name_f]Diana[/name_f] is still talked about enough that people spell it the way she did. I guess every name is going to get misspelled at some point, though. Mine sure is and it’s a fairly common name.

With all that said, I do prefer [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] a little more. However, I do think [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] would be misspelled more than [name_f]Diana[/name_f]. That’s something to consider. You’ll have to spell out [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] most likely. There are a million ways to spell Catherine/Catharine/Katherine/Kathryn.

[name_f]Diana[/name_f] is my favourite name of all time!!! (I also love [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] but only with the [name_f]Katherine[/name_f] spelling)

I love [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] and like [name_f]Diana[/name_f] a lot. Both are great.

Someone who can’t spell [name_f]Diana[/name_f]? Not someone I’d worry about.

Definitely Diana!!

i love diana

I prefer [name_f]Catherine[/name_f], as it feels more timeless, whereas I associate [name_f]Diana[/name_f] with [name_f]Princess[/name_f] [name_f]Diana[/name_f]. Nevertheless, both are lovely!

Not sure how else one would spell Diana… Are you pronouncing it DYE-anna? Because I would say TEE-ahna for [name_f]Tiana[/name_f], so the pronunciation is totally different to me.