Aria Maia

What do people think of [name]Aria[/name] [name]Maia[/name]? It is pronounced like [name]Maya[/name]. I just like the “ai” look better than the y. While it is also a Greek name, we like to think of it as an Aramaic name (which it is) meaning water or sea.

Does it rhyme too much? This is my big concern.

i think the repetition of all the A sounds doesn’t quite work together. each name separately is beautiful though!

I really like both names on their own, but put together it looks like it should sound like “[name]Aria[/name] Mayaria”. You might actually get away from this with the alternate spelling - [name]Aria[/name] [name]Maya[/name]. I know you don’t care for that as much, but it does look better and not so rhymey. Perhaps you might want to consider combining the two names into one and adding a new mn?
One very similar name that I like is Maiara (could be pronounced may-ah-ra, or may-ra). I know of one person with this name - Maiara [name]Walsh[/name]. According to an interview she gave it is a common name in [name]Brazil[/name], (she pronounces it my-[name]AH[/name]-ta), and means “mother” or “nurse”. However I connect it (and it’s meaning) to “[name]Maia[/name]” with the added ending of “-ara”. I had wanted to use this as a middle name for my daughter, but my husband didn’t care for it, so we settled on [name]Mae[/name]. I still do love it, though.

I completely agree with the two pp. The names are beautiful but not together :slight_smile:

Although I agree that the two names don’t flow together, I like the spelling [name]Maia[/name] if you do use them together. I think it looks interesting and intriguing.
You could always do something like [name]Aria[/name] [name]Mae[/name]. Still have that “M” name second, a bit similar to [name]Maia[/name] and with interesting spelling.

Good [name]Luck[/name]