Aria or Arielle?

Hey everyone! I’m 11 weeks pregnant, and I have a feeling it’s a girl! Hopefully :wink:

I’m really stuck on the name choice! [name_f]My[/name_f] favourites are aria & [name_f]Arielle[/name_f].

I’m worried [name_f]Aria[/name_f] is too popular, and I’m worried [name_f]Arielle[/name_f] is a bit too odd/a made up name.

What are your thoughts? Which do you prefer? Thanks so much xxx

I prefer [name_f]Aria[/name_f], but it is very popular and on the rise.

I wouldn’t say [name_f]Arielle[/name_f] is odd or made up sounding, but you may run into the pronunciation issue of [name_f]Air[/name_f]-ee-ell vs [name_m]Ah[/name_m]-ree-ell.

[name_f]Aria[/name_f] though it is quite popular

[name_f]Aria[/name_f] all the way! I don’t think it’s too popular. I’ve only ever met one [name_f]Aria[/name_f] and she’s in her mid-twenties.

[name_f]Aria[/name_f] is a lovely, uplifiting name!!

[name_f]Arielle[/name_f] is so pretty! It has something magical without being weird and it’s more unique than [name_f]Aria[/name_f].

I vote for [name_f]Arielle[/name_f].

[name_f]Arielle[/name_f]! For me it is very magical name, but at the same time there is that lovely serenity in her. So pretty!

I love [name_f]Aria[/name_f]. I think it flows nicely and it is beautiful.
I have never liked the name [name_f]Arielle[/name_f], so my vote is for [name_f]Aria[/name_f].

Both names are beautiful so it’s a tough choice. I like the meaning of [name_f]Arielle[/name_f] but I worry that with the live action [name_m]Little[/name_m] Mermaid coming out sometime soon it will be in the spotlight and attached to the character even more so. For that reason I’d vote for [name_f]Aria[/name_f]. Beautiful sound and meaning too :slight_smile:

I prefer [name_f]Arielle[/name_f]! It sounds so romantic, like it belongs in a fairy tale!

I really like both; I love [name_f]Aria[/name_f]’s simplicity, but [name_f]Arielle[/name_f] feels a little extra magical. I don’t think [name_f]Arielle[/name_f] is at all odd or made up, and if you’d prefer to avoid popularity, it’s definitely less popular. On the other hand, as @stephaniebrooke mentioned, it brings a pronunciation issue. Not a big deal, just something to be aware of before choosing it. I think overall I might lean slightly towards [name_f]Aria[/name_f], but both choices are lovely! If you do end up going with [name_f]Aria[/name_f], I always like the idea of using a well-loved (popular) first name as an opportunity for an offbeat, unexpected middle!

[name_f]Arielle[/name_f]! (pronounced are-ee-ELLE)

SO BEAUTIFUL!!!

I like [name_f]Aria[/name_f]! It is popular right now, but I love its musical association! [name_f]Arielle[/name_f] is pretty too, but I think it would often be confused with [name_u]Ariel[/name_u] (like the Disney princess).

I prefer [name_f]Aria[/name_f] in general but the popularity would trip me up too. [name_f]Arielle[/name_f] is not my style but it’s pretty and more distinctive than [name_f]Aria[/name_f] is at the moment. I would pronounce it are-ee-ELLE. I think if you’re worried about popularity, [name_f]Arielle[/name_f] would be the way to go.

I’d go with [name_f]Arielle[/name_f], but I think I would spell it like this [name_u]Ariel[/name_u].

[name_f]Aria[/name_f] and [name_f]Arielle[/name_f] are beautiful! I prefer [name_f]Arielle[/name_f], but prefer the spelling [name_u]Ariel[/name_u]. I think you may also like [name_f]Ariadne[/name_f] and [name_f]Ariadna[/name_f].

I think that they are both fine names, though I personally do prefer [name_f]Aria[/name_f]. It’s short and sweet, and I do enjoy the light, airiness of it.

Perhaps you might like to ‘combine’ [name_f]Aria[/name_f] + [name_f]Arielle[/name_f] in a way…[name_f]Ariella[/name_f] ‘[name_f]Aria[/name_f]’? You could call her [name_f]Aria[/name_f], but if the popularity of [name_f]Aria[/name_f] becomes too much in the future, she has the less common [name_f]Ariella[/name_f] to fall back on should she wish to.

Thank you so much everyone! Really appreciate your input! Xx

2 Likes

[name_f]Arielle[/name_f]!

To me [name_f]Aria[/name_f] seems very trendy, and much more common.

1 Like