Aria vs Aurora

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] battylady, it sounds like you wanted [name_f]Aria[/name_f], but now you want someone to convince you of reasons to like [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] more than you truly like it. It sounds like your gut wants [name_f]Aria[/name_f]. I would trust your gut.

What do you guys think about [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_f]Lenore[/name_f] or [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_f]Caroline[/name_f]? [name_f]Lenore[/name_f] feels a bit rhyme-y to me, but it almost sounds better than [name_u]Leslie[/name_u] and I’m not so sure [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] and [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] go well together, though I think they sound okay. Those are the only three family names on my husband’s side that would work for a girl and don’t start with a vowel… >.> If only I hadn’t picked a middle name from [name_f]MY[/name_f] side for [name_m]Jasper[/name_m]!

I think my gut is leaning more [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] now Loudly. :slight_smile: It was more… I had always planned to use [name_f]Aria[/name_f], and now that we’re expecting #2 I wasn’t so sure I liked [name_f]Aria[/name_f] as much as I thought I did.

Cool! They’re both very pretty names :slight_smile:

um… [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] is named after the aurora borealis… and [name_m]Jasper[/name_m] is a gem stone… so I think this argument is fail… both names are actual words… just like many other names.

I think [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] is great with [name_m]Jasper[/name_m], but a [name_u]Rory[/name_u] and [name_m]Jasper[/name_m] would make people think you had 2 boys… so as I said, I’d pick [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] if [name_u]Rory[/name_u] wasn’t your nickname choice… so my pick is still [name_f]Aria[/name_f]

I really like [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] nn [name_u]Rory[/name_u]. The idea behind using [name_u]Rory[/name_u] for either gender is really great. You can start calling him/her by [name_u]Rory[/name_u] before you know the sex! “[name_f]Dawn[/name_f]” is also a really nice meaning.
“A daughter was born, and they called her [name_f]Aurora[/name_f]. Yes, they named her after the dawn, for she filled their lives with sunshine.” -Sleeping Beauty

I really like the sound of [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_f]Lenore[/name_f].

I REALLY love [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_f]Lenore[/name_f]. I am not sure why, but [name_f]Lenore[/name_f] makes [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] roll off the tongue a little easier for me. I don’t think it is too matchy at all.

Also, I believe [name_f]Lenore[/name_f] comes from [name_f]Elenore[/name_f] which means “bright and shinning one” That would make her- [name_f]Dawn[/name_f], bright and shining one (how lovely!).

I think [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] (nn [name_u]Rory[/name_u]) is beautiful and sounds better with [name_m]Jasper[/name_m] than [name_f]Aria[/name_f]. It sounds better with mn [name_u]Leslie[/name_u] too!

[name_u]LOVE[/name_u] [name_f]Aurora[/name_f]. It is on my list.

The husband likes [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_f]Lenore[/name_f] too! I think that may be the top pick if #2 is a girl. :slight_smile: In my head it sounded too rhyme-y but out loud I think it actually sounds nice and does seem to make [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] easier to say.

I’m not concerned with whether or not people think she’s a boy if they hear [name_u]Rory[/name_u]. On paper, her name will be [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] anyway, which is where most people would be unsure (school lists, etc.) If he/she’s bald like [name_m]Jasper[/name_m] was as a baby, I’m sure everyone will think he/she’s a boy anyway!

Again, thanks all for your input!

[name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_f]Lenore[/name_f] is beautiful! Very elegant.

(And–sorry for the faulty logic of my first post… lots of names are things, or were things first, and I like a lot of them. Another poster pointed that out. I guess [name_f]Aria[/name_f] just isn’t one of them. :wink: