Aria?

[name]Hi[/name] there, I want some opinions on the name [name]Aria[/name]. It grows on me lately. It’s simple, unique and beautiful. I also love it’s meaning: ’ beautiful melody’.
So, do you like it?
[name]Do[/name] you think it is trendy or weired?
[name]Do[/name] you think it is masculine?
Can you suggest some other simple and unique girl names?

The name [name]Allegra[/name] comes to mind as a suggestion. I don’t feel [name]Aria[/name] is masculine, although I know [name]Ari[/name] can be a male name. And I don’t think its that trendy right now, [name]Aria[/name] is definitely better (to me) than using names such as [name]Lyric[/name] to get a musical effect.

I really like [name]Aria[/name]. I was on my list for a while, though DH wasn’t keen on it (he didn’t like [name]Verity[/name], [name]Cordelia[/name], [name]Evangeline[/name], or [name]Cadence[/name] either, sigh.)

We now have an Aila and the spellings of these two names probably eliminate [name]Aria[/name] from any further consideration for us.

I don’t think it sounds masculine.

Other simple and unique girl names? Hmmm . . .
I don’t know how unique these are, but they are simple and they are names that I’ve liked at one point:

[name]Nola[/name]
[name]Willa[/name]
[name]Claire[/name]
[name]Norah[/name]
[name]Amaya[/name]
[name]Danae[/name]
[name]Verity[/name]
[name]Story[/name]
[name]Laine[/name]/[name]Lainey[/name]

Are any of those the style you’re looking for?

[name]Aria[/name] is lovely! and I like the nn. [name]Ari[/name] too.

I love [name]Aria[/name]. I think it’s gorgeous. It doesn’t strike me as remotely masculine or trendy at all. I love the musical association as well. Some other names:

[name]Ruby[/name]
[name]Grace[/name]
[name]Rose[/name]
[name]Isla[/name]
[name]Ada[/name]
[name]Ava[/name]
[name]Lucy[/name]
[name]Kate[/name]
[name]Naia[/name]
[name]Olive[/name]
[name]Belle[/name]
[name]Amy[/name]
[name]Anna[/name]
[name]Ella[/name]
[name]Elle[/name]
[name]Emma[/name]

[name]Aria[/name] is beautiful! I don’t think it’s too masculine or too trendy. It has a lovely, open sound to it.

I think it’s beautiful, in my opinion, it has the same feminine and ethereal qualities as [name]Ariana[/name] or [name]Arianne[/name] but is a little more spunk and isn’t as popular, I don’t think. :slight_smile:
Out of curiosity, would you pronounce it Ar-eye-ah or Ar-ee-ah? I’ve heard it both ways (Ar-ee-ah I’ve heard a little more of) I like both, just wondering :slight_smile:
x

It’s beautiful and uncommon. It’s a rare musical name that doesn’t come off as cheesy.

I do like [name]Aria[/name]! It’s fun to say…I like to say it “ahr-yuh.” The only hesitation is that it’s very trendy right now…

Many people love this name on Nameberry but I’m not a fan of [name]Aria[/name] at all. It’s a word best left for the opera world in my opinion. I find it trendy, flighty, pretentious and lacking in substance. [name]Lyric[/name] and [name]Melody[/name] are similar names.