Arianwen

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] all

What do you think of the name [name_f]Arianwen[/name_f] for a little girl? Nicknamed [name_u]Ari[/name_u]/[name_f]Aria[/name_f]. My partner also likes [name_f]Arwen[/name_f] but I’m not as keen.

We’re in [name_m]Wales[/name_m] if that helps.

Thanks!

[name_m]Ive[/name_m] never heard of it before, but I think it’s a lovely name! It definitely is a great compromise with your partner, and I like [name_u]Ari[/name_u]/[name_f]Aria[/name_f] as a nn.

[name_u]Love[/name_u] it! It sounds so mythical and magical but it’s also easy to say and the familiar nn [name_f]Aria[/name_f] and [name_u]Ari[/name_u] ground it

I love [name_f]Arianwen[/name_f], personally I prefer it over [name_f]Arwen[/name_f], it has a more lilting sound

Very, very beautiful!

It’s stunning:)

[name_f]Arianwen[/name_f] used to be one of my favorites, I think it’s lovely.

I think [name_f]Arianwen[/name_f] is great, and I love it as an inventive way to get to [name_u]Ari[/name_u]/[name_f]Aria[/name_f]. I prefer it over [name_f]Arwen[/name_f], and don’t think pronunciation or confusion should be as much of a problem if you’re in [name_m]Wales[/name_m].

I really love it. I also like [name_f]Arwen[/name_f], and [name_f]Anwen[/name_f], but [name_f]Arianwen[/name_f] is so wonderfully dramatic and princessy (in a good way!)

Thank you all for your comments!

I think this will definitely be at the top of our list :slight_smile:

[name_f]Arianwen[/name_f] is gorgeous! I don’t like [name_f]Arwen[/name_f] anywhere near as much though, and it’s more popular than you might think (I know 3 myself).

I personally prefer [name_f]Arwen[/name_f]. It’s super sweet sounding, and whimsical.
[name_f]Arianwen[/name_f] is pretty but I think its too many syllables for my taste. And also, something to consider, you are going to have to eventually teach a toddler or kindergarten age child how to spell one of these. Lol.

[name_f]Arianwen[/name_f] is gorgeous! Also, it’s great to meet a fellow Welshie! There a few of us here :slight_smile:

I think it’s lovely.