Ariella??? Due in 6 weeks, please help!!!!!

Here goes another post but we’re still undecided on our 2nd baby girl’s name … due in 6 weeks.

I mentioned the name [name]Ariella[/name] to my husband the other day and he actually said he liked the name! He hasn’t participated much in naming this baby so I was shocked. [name]Even[/name] more shocked when he, out of the blue, the next day said “I really like the name [name]Ariella[/name], it’s really growing on me”. Like “HELLO”! I thought I had narrowed down my choices to 2 or 3 names and now he decides he wants a say in the naming process. Okay, so here’s the question(s) …

What do you all think of [name]Ariella[/name]? What thoughts first come to your head? Teasing potential of the name?

Our 1st daughter is [name]Gianna[/name]. Does [name]Ariella[/name] work with [name]Gianna[/name]?

[name]Will[/name] [name]Ariella[/name] age well as a name? Can you see a 40 year old [name]Ariella[/name]?

Nicknames?

If my husband likes [name]Ariella[/name], are there any other names you think he’d like that are similar?

Thanks again for all of your help!!!

I haven’t heard [name]Ariella[/name] before; it’s kind of pretty but sounds made-up, which I personally don’t tend to like. To me, it sounds much frillier and less classy than [name]Gianna[/name]. It also sounds a lot like the word areola, but maybe that’s just me…

[name]How[/name] about [name]Arabella[/name], which sounds similar but is more legitimate? I’m sure other Berries can suggest more great options. If [name]Ariella[/name] is ‘the name,’ then go for it… but I think you can do much better!

I’m not a fan. Especially when paired with your other daughter’s name, [name]Gianna[/name]. [name]Gianna[/name] is so luxurious and overly feminine, I think you should go in the other direction for your 2nd daughter and keep it short and simple. BTW, I can not imagine an adult [name]Ariella[/name], too kiddish.

Instead, how about [name]Mariella[/name]? A beautiful Italian/Dutch name that goes well with [name]Gianna[/name]. [name]Mariella[/name] is a variation of [name]Maria[/name].

I do like [name]Ariella[/name], but I prefer [name]Arielle[/name]. It’s a solid, biblical name (well [name]Ariel[/name] is, but the “elle” feminizes it). I think it’s nice with [name]Gianna[/name]. I know two adults named [name]Arielle[/name] and a teen named [name]Ariella[/name]. [name]Ari[/name] is an adorable nickname.

Ariala very very nice, cute, simple and girlish, I do like it a lot! There is also a spelling as [name]Arielle[/name], also very cute [name]IMO[/name]

Thanks for your feedback and the compliment on the name [name]Gianna[/name]. [name]Ariella[/name] is actually #863 on the United States Social Security “Popular [name]Baby[/name] Name” List. It’s definitely a legitimate name but pretty far down the list. The more popular [name]Ariel[/name] (the root of [name]Ariella[/name]) is #206. The name [name]Arielle[/name] is #561.

I suggested [name]Arabella[/name] to my husband and he said “no”. I think [name]Arabella[/name] is quite pretty. I should run it by him again or ask him exactly what it is about [name]Ariella[/name] he likes (although I’m sure he’ll say just because with no explanation).

I too sort of thought areola when I came across [name]Ariella[/name] as a name or the [name]Little[/name] Mermaid [name]Ariel[/name].

[name]Do[/name] you think if the name were [name]Arielle[/name] as opposed to [name]Ariella[/name] … would that make a difference?

I too thought about [name]Mariella[/name] and suggested it to my husband. But … my name is [name]Marissa[/name] so it’s way too close to my name unfortunately. Great thinking though! [name]Love[/name] the name [name]Mariella[/name]!

Thank you! I actually don’t think your name is too close to [name]Mariella[/name], though! However, I do like the name [name]Arielle[/name] spelled this way…I know a little [name]Arielle[/name], and she is adorable.

I like [name]Ariella[/name]. I think its very pretty.

Sorry about that, I should have checked first so I would have seen that [name]Ariella[/name] is indeed a legitimate name! Knowing that makes me like it a bit more, though it is still a little frilly for my personal tastes. I do prefer [name]Arielle[/name], and this takes away the similarity to areola. Let us know if you find out what your husband likes about the name (good luck with that! my husband is the same way!) or if you come up with any other favorites :slight_smile:

I think [name]Ariella[/name] is a pretty name and fits well with [name]Gianna[/name], both very feminine names, easy to spell and pronounce.

Some suggestions of names that are similar to [name]Ariella[/name]

[name]Aluisa[/name]
[name]Amariah[/name]
[name]Ayla[/name]
[name]Cadena[/name]
[name]Eliana[/name]
[name]Eliora[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name]
[name]Idalah[/name]
[name]Idalia[/name] (ee-[name]DAL[/name]-ee-ah)
[name]Iolani[/name]
[name]Liora[/name]

I love [name]Ariella[/name], but I love [name]Aria[/name] even more! I am a little biased though, because that’s my niece’s name :slight_smile: She gets compliments on it all the time.

[name]Both[/name] names go great with [name]Gianna[/name], [name]IMO[/name]. [name]Aria[/name] could also be a nickname for [name]Ariella[/name]…as well as [name]Ari[/name], [name]Ella[/name], and Rielle/[name]Riella[/name].

Good luck!

Sorry. Not a fan. It does sound similiar to areola.

Oooh, I second the above suggestion of [name]Aria[/name]!! It’s fresh and pretty, and I think it has the same understated elegance as [name]Gianna[/name]. WDYT?

[name]Ariella[/name] is a beautiful name. It will age well too. It sounds distinctive but still comes with popular nns like [name]Ella[/name] etc. And I think it goes great with [name]Gianna[/name].

[quote=“hoodie”]

Sorry about that, I should have checked first so I would have seen that [name]Ariella[/name] is indeed a legitimate name! Knowing that makes me like it a bit more, though it is still a little frilly for my personal tastes. I do prefer [name]Arielle[/name], and this takes away the similarity to areola. Let us know if you find out what your husband likes about the name (good luck with that! my husband is the same way!) or if you come up with any other favorites :)[/quote]

No worries … made me double check just to make sure I was getting the name correct. I prefer [name]Arielle[/name] now as well. I can’t stop thinking about that [name]Little[/name] Mermaid though. I did ask my husband what he likes about [name]Ariella[/name] and just as I expected he said, “I don’t know, just like it, it flows nice, sounds good …” Yeah, exactly what I expected.

Guess he knows what he likes and what he doesn’t like … unlike indecisive me!

Does [name]Arielle[/name] sound any better or do you still think areola?

[name]Aria[/name] is quite beautiful. I love the fact that one of the meanings of the name has a lovely musical reference. I’m going to suggest to my husband to see what he thinks!

[name]Aria[/name] is quite beautiful. I love the fact that one of the meanings of the name has a lovely musical reference. I’m going to suggest to my husband to see what he thinks![/quote]

Well … that didn’t go over too well. I thought he’d appreciate the musical reference of the name but he just looked at me kind of funny and walked away shaking his head. I think that means no go for [name]Aria[/name].