Arlo be a full name?

Hey there! Could [name_u]Arlo[/name_u] be a boys full name? I’ve thought of Alrington, but I’m not sold on that. Are there any full names of [name_u]Arlo[/name_u]? [name_f]Do[/name_f] you think [name_u]Arlo[/name_u] sounds like too much of a “pet name?”

I never heard [name_u]Arlo[/name_u] used as a nickname.

3 Likes

:smile::+1:t2:

It is usually a full name. I have seen [name_m]Charles[/name_m] or [name_u]Charlie[/name_u] nn [name_u]Arlo[/name_u] suggested before though. Going off of that also maybe [name_u]Charleston[/name_u]

1 Like

Arlo totally works as a full name

1 Like

Definitely fine as a full name! I know a couple of little Arlos who are just [name_u]Arlo[/name_u].

2 Likes

I think it could be a full name!

1 Like

I’ve only heard it as a full name. You can also find out if a name stands alone or is usually a nickname/short form by looking up the name on Nameberry, the listings are very helpful with background info on names.

4 Likes

Arlo could be short for [name_u]Marlow[/name_u]

1 Like

I never thought of that🙂

1 Like

I think [name_u]Arlo[/name_u] works either way, as a nickname for [name_m]Charles[/name_m] or something like that, or as a full name :slight_smile:

1 Like

Arlo is a full given name and I’ve personally never met anyone who used it as a nickname, so yes definitely.

One of my friends actually named their son [name_u]Arlo[/name_u] just this past year and they’ve received a lot of compliments.

2 Likes