Arlo or Ambrose?

I love both, but as @katinka, mentioned [name_u]Arlo[/name_u]’s spiked in popularity (in the UK at least), which personally pushes me towards [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m]. I think [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m] holds a certain mystery and magic, and stands out a bit more (in a good way!). I also love the suggestion of [name_m]Emrys[/name_m]!

2 Likes

[quote=“[name_f]Myosotis[/name_f], post:23, topic:343570”]
I think Ambrose holds a certain mystery and magic, and stands out a bit more (in a good way!)
[/quote]

I totally agree. [name_u]Arlo[/name_u] is a cool name with a cool namesake, and I can certainly see why it’s popular, but [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m] is one-of-a-kind.

There’s also [name_m]Ansel[/name_m], which for some reason I always think of when I hear the name [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m]. I know one, aged about 18, and he wears it very well.

1 Like

Absolutely love [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m].
So handsome . Would love to meet a new baby with this name one day!

2 Likes

I adore [name_u]Arlo[/name_u]!

I’m a vintage girl at heart so I’d go for [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m] but I don’t see why [name_u]Arlo[/name_u] couldn’t work as a nickname for it!

Arlo!!! I have a friend named [name_u]Arlo[/name_u] and I think it works great for him. I don’t think it’s nickname-y at all.

1 Like

I agree with the above thread, I think [name_m]Arlington[/name_m] is the perfect sort of compromise to give you a proper full first name, while letting you keep [name_u]Arlo[/name_u] as a nickname :slight_smile:

I love [name_u]Arlo[/name_u]!

I named my 3rd son [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m] and do NOT regret it. I fell in love with it after I heard it in the movie “Hello [name_f]Dolly[/name_f]”. We gave him the middle name [name_u]Jackson[/name_u] and it suits him well. For nicknames we call him “Brosie” when he’s a super hero he is called “The Brose-inator”. When he was really little and we’d bounce him on our knee we would say “who’s our Big [name_m]Buddy[/name_m] Bro?” What I love about his name is the nickname possibilities. It is hard to choose a name. [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m] is surely different compared to the million [name_u]Hayden[/name_u], [name_m]Cayden[/name_m] and [name_u]Brayden[/name_u]’s out there. [name_f]My[/name_f] husband struggled with the name all the way up to his birth. But now he loves the name and we get nothing but compliments. I hope you pick the name that suits your style and family. If you love it, then it is perfect. [name_m]Don[/name_m]’t let anyone tell you otherwise.

3 Likes