Arlo? Too trendy?

Another contenter for a middle spot has been [name_u]Arlo[/name_u] to pair with [name_u]Lawrence[/name_u].

Lawrence [name_u]Arlo[/name_u].
How do you feel about [name_u]Arlo[/name_u]? Is it trendy?

3 Likes

I like [name_u]Lawrence[/name_u] [name_u]Arlo[/name_u]! It’s a little trendy but I think it balances out [name_u]Lawrence[/name_u] nicely!

1 Like

I like [name_u]Arlo[/name_u] as it is literally the middle letters of my name. [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f], so I was trying to be “clever” :rofl:

3 Likes

That’s such a cool way to connect the name with your own! I love it!

1 Like

Thanks. I’ll keep it on my list. :smiley:im not sure if I should honour myself lol. [name_m]Can[/name_m]’t help but feel its a bit vain but our third baby is our last baby.

1 Like

Thanks @jonquils me too! Seems to have a really nice ring to it.

1 Like

I think [name_u]Arlo[/name_u] balances [name_u]Lawrence[/name_u] so it’s old school meets new school ! I also love it’s a subtle nod to your name! [name_m]Can[/name_m]’t go wrong !!!

1 Like

A very cute, subtle connection to your name :blush: [name_u]Lawrence[/name_u] [name_u]Arlo[/name_u] sounds handsome. It is a bit more modern sounding than your other choices but I think that works just fine with [name_u]Lawrence[/name_u].

1 Like

I like it as a middle name, I like it with [name_u]Lawrence[/name_u] (nice balance of classic + cool), and I LOVE it as a subtle link to [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]. Inspired!

Honestly, [name_u]Arlo[/name_u] is pretty trendy where I live ([name_f]England[/name_f]) but it’s a nice name and I really enjoy it in this combo.

2 Likes

Thanks @katinka I am in [name_f]England[/name_f] too. To me it just seems to be a name that’s come out of nowhere and almost instantly popular lol.
Its on the list but it’s not set in stone yet.

Same. I can definitely see the appeal (love an O-ending!), but I do think it’s going to rise even further in the next few years, and then possibly start to fall quite rapidly in a decade or so.

1 Like

The origin behind the name is quite interesting. I’ve just looked it up.
It’s the same with [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] I think. That is a name which is really gaining momentum.

In the UK too? I’ve seen a big uptick in interest in the US, but I haven’t heard if so much over here. I wonder if the fact that it’s a bit more familiar, and generally attached to a slightly older generation, over here stops it from feeling quite so fresh and appealing? But maybe I’m just not in the right area for it!

[name_f]Margot[/name_f]/Margaux and [name_f]Freya[/name_f]/Freyja are the girls’ names I’m hearing most on newborns at the moment.

1 Like

Yes here in the UK :slightly_smiling_face:, well I’m in the southwest there seems to be a real sudden interest in [name_f]Maeve[/name_f], [name_f]Mavis[/name_f], [name_f]Maeva[/name_f] etc.
When I was pregnant with my first, girl names which seemed to be on a few people’s lists and not used, were names like [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] and [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f]. ( This was 2014) now they seem to be a lot more popular, as they’ve seem to caught on.

1 Like

I love that [name_u]Arlo[/name_u] connects back to your name!

I think [name_u]Arlo[/name_u] itself is a little trendy. But using it as a middle name works well.

Lawrence [name_u]Arlo[/name_u] flows together nicely!

1 Like

I love love [name_u]Arlo[/name_u].
The association is amazing. “Please” go for it!

1 Like