Arno?

just out of interest I was wondering what you thought of [name]Arno[/name] as it is one of my favourites at the moment, do you like on its own or as a nn for [name]Arnold[/name] and what sort of names could you see as siblings (boys and girls) ?

thanks in advance :slight_smile:

I see it only as a nn for [name]Arnold[/name] which I quite like. [name]Arnold[/name] sounds vintage to me and I can imagine him as a very thoughtful, quiet boy.

Some names that ‘go’ with [name]Arnold[/name] (in my opinion):

[name]Harris[/name]
[name]Archie[/name] ([name]Archibald[/name])
[name]Conrad[/name]
[name]Hugo[/name]
[name]Jarvis[/name]
[name]Louis[/name]
[name]Ralph[/name]
[name]Rupert[/name]
[name]Waldo[/name]

[name]Hope[/name] that was helpful:)

• [name]Charlie[/name]

I think of [name]Arno[/name] as a nickname (although I know it’s an actual name in and of itself) for [name]Arnold[/name], which feels out of style to me (but I’m in the U.S.). I do love -o ending names like [name]Leo[/name], [name]Milo[/name], and [name]Arlo[/name], so I bet [name]Arno[/name] will grow on me the more I hear it. :slight_smile:

I picture [name]Arno[/name] with:

[name]Calvin[/name]
[name]Clyde[/name]
[name]Alfred[/name]/[name]Alfie[/name]
[name]Dexter[/name]
[name]Felix[/name]
[name]Franklin[/name]/[name]Frank[/name]
[name]Frederick[/name]
[name]Hugh[/name]
[name]James[/name]
[name]Louis[/name]
[name]Miles[/name]
[name]Maxwell[/name]
[name]Phineas[/name]
[name]Rupert[/name]
[name]Rufus[/name]
[name]Raymond[/name]
[name]Simon[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name]
[name]Truman[/name]
[name]Victor[/name]
[name]Vincent[/name]
[name]Walter[/name]

[name]Alice[/name]
[name]Beatrice[/name]
[name]Cora[/name]
[name]Clara[/name]
[name]Dorothy[/name]/[name]Dorothea[/name]
[name]Evangeline[/name]
[name]Flora[/name]
[name]Florence[/name]
[name]Genevieve[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name]
[name]Iris[/name]
[name]Mabel[/name]
[name]Marian[/name]
[name]Marjorie[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name]
[name]Phoebe[/name]
[name]Pearl[/name]
[name]Vivian[/name]

Best wishes to you! :slight_smile:

I went to school with an [name]Arno[/name]. It wasn’t short for anything. I think he was Scandinavian descent. Also he was tall and handsome. I think it is a great name that’s similar to [name]Arnold[/name], but none of that “Whatchoo talkin’ 'bout?” or “Hasta la vista, baby.” I would use it as is.

thanks so much for the feedback :slight_smile: I love the name [name]Arnold[/name] nn [name]Arno[/name] and I was just concerned (even though I’m not pregnant and my tastes will have probably changed by the time I get round to having children) that it didn’t go with any of the other names that I like, but I am happy to see some of my favourites among your suggestions; [name]Jarvis[/name], [name]Conrad[/name], [name]Dexter[/name], [name]Felix[/name], [name]Theodore[/name], [name]Vincent[/name], [name]Alice[/name], [name]Dorothy[/name], [name]Matilda[/name] and [name]Florence[/name]. I also love [name]Franklin[/name]/[name]Frank[/name] and [name]Hugo[/name] :slight_smile:
any more suggestions are very welcome :slight_smile:

I love your names, [name]Elena[/name]! :slight_smile: