Arrow still needs a middle name. Hopefully this is my last thread on this!

Better than “air head”! And by the time she’s a teenager, all of her classmates will think of her name as “normal”. And I have no doubt that she’ll be just as smart as her big sis & big bro. :slight_smile:

I’m not sure you understand what I mean. Excuse my vulgarity, but I was referring to the sexual meaning of ‘head’. It’s not an association I would want my daughter to have to deal with.

OH! Well since I didn’t even get it…hopefully she won’t either! I would hope the initial image of anyone hearing “arrow head” would be the artifact of an arrow head.

Out of curiousity, what are your other children’s names?

I’m not going for a sib set so I’d rather not say. But one is Z__ G____ & the other H_____ W_______

I definitely think people will think of the artifact first, and most people probably won’t think of the second thing. I just wanted to alert you to the inevitable fact that one day an immature boy will make the connection and will point it out to your daughter.

Good luck!

You might have a reason to name your daughter [name]Arrow[/name]. Trendy or not, [name]Arrow[/name] doesnt sound nice. Its like naming your child, knife, [name]Gun[/name] or Sling (shot). Its not even about teasing. Its about naming your child [name]Arrow[/name] a object. sorry!

ava, there are 2 definitions for the word arrow. I’m using the directional one. :slight_smile:

[name]Hunter[/name] [name]Zoe[/name] and Ero is still my pick.

Sorry kerrie, but I just don’t like the spelling of Ero for a girl. I prefer the spelling of [name]Arrow[/name]. And Ero could be said as E-ro. Besides, hubby is such a horrible speller the way it is! We have to do normal spellings because of him.

It seems like you are set on [name]Arrow[/name]. Since that seems to be the case, the best I can say, is to give her a very feminine middle name, she can fall back on if she decides to.
[name]Arrow[/name] [name]Catherine[/name]
[name]Arrow[/name] [name]Isabelle[/name]
[name]Arrow[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]
What are your husband’s thoughts on the name?? Personally I don’t like any of the middle names you have put with [name]Arrow[/name] (I just really feel you should go over the top feminine with the middle). Are you sure you wouldn’t prefer to use [name]Arrow[/name] in the middle name spot? [name]Hope[/name] [name]Arrow[/name], [name]Jane[/name] [name]Arrow[/name] (this one has quite a nice ring to it, I believe)???
Either way, it is most important that you and your husband are happy with the name. Best of [name]Luck[/name]!!!

Sorry- just looked back and saw your hubby said no MN ending with elle… so that takes [name]Isabelle[/name] off.

Yes, my husband likes the name. I’ve asked him a few times just to be sure that he really likes & not agreeing with me on it just 'cause I’ve talked about it so much. He genuinely likes it. And out of the like 30 different middle names that I was considering, the ones in the poll are the only ones that he did not say a big fat NO to.

The 3 that you listed, don’t flow at all for me. I NEED to have a middle name that either flows very well or that I like ALOT even if it doesn’t flow well. Thanks for the input though. :slight_smile:

If I could edit my poll, I would be removing [name]Arrow[/name] [name]Noelle[/name] because hubby said no names that end in “elle” (yes he’s a little weird, LOL) and in it’s place I would put [name]Arrow[/name] [name]Zayna[/name]. I found [name]Zayna[/name] the other day & I like it’s meaning of “beauty” and I like that it starts with a Z. Hubby didn’t say no to it, so it’s a possibility. But he did say that if you say really fast it almost sounds like [name]Arizona[/name]. That might be a little bit of a stretch, right? [name]Zona[/name] & [name]Zayna[/name] different sounds.