Artemis to honour a Diana?

My husband really wants to name our daughter, who should arrive at the beginning of [name_u]March[/name_u], after my mother-in-law, [name_f]Diana[/name_f]. Her first name will be [name_f]Zella[/name_f]. I don’t really like [name_f]Diana[/name_f] as a name though, I think its a little boring, and I can only imagine it on a middle aged woman, not a little baby. I’m also not a fan of the flow in [name_f]Zella[/name_f] [name_f]Diana[/name_f].

So, I was thinking [name_u]Artemis[/name_u] might be a good alternative. We both love the name by itself, and [name_f]Zella[/name_f] [name_u]Artemis[/name_u] sounds much better to me. Our families are both fairly well educated in classical mythology, so I’m pretty sure they would all make the connection between [name_f]Diana[/name_f] and [name_u]Artemis[/name_u], and if they don’t its easy enough to explain.

Our only reservation is that my husband thinks [name_f]Zella[/name_f] [name_u]Artemis[/name_u] is a little too ‘out there’ but I think he could be easily persuaded otherwise. What do you all think?

[name_f]Zella[/name_f] [name_f]Diane[/name_f] is better in my opinion than [name_f]Diana[/name_f] and [name_u]Artemis[/name_u]

I prefer:

[name_f]Zella[/name_f] [name_f]Diane[/name_f]
[name_f]Zella[/name_f] [name_f]Deanne[/name_f]
or
[name_f]Zella[/name_f] [name_f]Di[/name_f]

I know two little girls named [name_u]Artemis[/name_u] and I love it, but it just doesn’t go well with [name_f]Zella[/name_f] in my opinion.
I definitely think [name_u]Artemis[/name_u] would nicely honor a [name_f]Diana[/name_f], but why not make it the first name or go with a somewhat more conventional or classic first name?

I think it’s a nice way to honor [name_f]Diana[/name_f]! The flow isn’t perfect but it’s not bad either. I say go for it!

I honestly prefer [name_f]Diana[/name_f] by a mile, but I just really love [name_f]Diana[/name_f] a lot. I also think [name_f]Zella[/name_f] [name_f]Diana[/name_f] or [name_f]Zella[/name_f] [name_f]Diane[/name_f] flows better than [name_f]Zella[/name_f] [name_u]Artemis[/name_u]. But if you don’t like [name_f]Diana[/name_f], maybe you just should find something else

I love [name_f]Zella[/name_f] [name_u]Artemis[/name_u]! I think it’s a great way to honor a [name_f]Diana[/name_f], and with a much more interesting/fun name.

I adore [name_f]Zella[/name_f] [name_u]Artemis[/name_u], [name_f]Zella[/name_f] [name_f]Diane[/name_f] is a beautiful name too, but I would avoid the repeating a ending sound. I think [name_u]Artemis[/name_u] is a beautiful and creative way to honor [name_f]Diana[/name_f].

I love [name_f]Zella[/name_f] and [name_u]Artemis[/name_u], but personally I’d find them both too “out there” to use together. I prefer one quirky name and one more traditional, though still relatively unusual, name. Otherwise it can feel like a bit much. However, if you’re happy with the "out there"ness of both names then I do really like it as a combo. [name_f]Zella[/name_f] and [name_u]Artemis[/name_u] are both such gorgeous names!

I love [name_u]Artemis[/name_u] or [name_f]Artemisia[/name_f]…however, [name_f]Zella[/name_f] is a novel name to me and not really my style…personally, I’d choose [name_f]Zara[/name_f] [name_u]Artemis[/name_u], [name_f]Rose[/name_f]-[name_f]Ella[/name_f] [name_u]Artemis[/name_u] (nn [name_f]Zella[/name_f]) or [name_u]Artemis[/name_u] [name_f]Zara[/name_f]. But of course, ignore my subjective viewpoint and choose the name combination you truly adore. And [name_f]Zella[/name_f] [name_u]Artemis[/name_u] are fine IMHO. :slight_smile:

I agree that [name_f]Zella[/name_f] [name_f]Diane[/name_f] would be the perfect choice.