Artemis - Usable?

Is this firmly in the guilty pleasure zone or a quirky middle name choice?

I have a fondness for Greek names and [name_u]Artemis[/name_u] is a new love of mine.

My favorite name combinations are classic names I like and family middles. I have been thinking of adding unusual names in the middle to spice up the combinations. Some other name I like are [name_f]Temperance[/name_f], [name_f]Persephone[/name_f], [name_f]Fiammetta[/name_f] and [name_f]Alcyone[/name_f].

Yes, yes, yes. I adore [name_u]Artemis[/name_u].

I like [name_u]Artemis[/name_u], but only for a boy.

i love [name_u]Artemis[/name_u], unfortunately my bf HATES HATES it. so it’s off the list.

Guilty pleasure for me. Especially with the association to the male [name_u]Artemis[/name_u] Fowl which has brought the name to more mainstream attention in recent years. Disney brought the rights to the movie so it hasn’t reached near its peak as yet.

All I think of is It’s Always [name_u]Sunny[/name_u] in Philedelphia - however, that’s a stretch reference for most I’m guessing :slight_smile:
I love it as a quirky middle :slight_smile:

I think it’s usable, I’ve actually met a little boy [name_u]Artemis[/name_u]. I definitely see it as a girl’s name because of the myth but I guess it’s catching on with boys too because of the [name_u]Artemis[/name_u] Fowl books.

I think no.

I definitely think it’s usable! It’s not quite so unusual any more, because of the book character, and it has characteristics similar to other, more common names, which I think makes it seem less “out there” than, say, [name_f]Alcyone[/name_f]. :slight_smile:

I definitely prefer [name_u]Artemis[/name_u] on a girl though I have seen it used on boys.

I think its definitely useable.

This is one that flips back and forth for me as a legit option or just guilty pleasure, so here’s my own reasons…

Pros:
its a real name,
a long history of use on girls,
i like the connection to the moon/protector of women aspect of the mythology,
its both familiar and unusual at the same time.

Cons (these may not apply to you):
I’m [name_m]Christian[/name_m] so it might be weird to use a mythology name…to me, mythology is just literature, but i know that to others its their religion and i don’t want to offend someone with that choice.
I can’t shake the “anime” feel the name has (which i found by searching people named [name_u]Artemis[/name_u] on Facebook); i think amine is weird, so its not an association i want.
I would definitely end up nicknaming her [name_m]Artie[/name_m]-Farty and that’s just mean, but i know myself enough to know i couldn’t resist the rhyme.

For me, the cons outweigh the pros, but i still adore this name. I would love to meet a little girl named [name_u]Artemis[/name_u]!

[name_u]Artemis[/name_u] and the gang are completely usable. They would make quirky middle name choices that would spice up more traditional first names.

It is very usable! I wish it was used more often. To me, [name_u]Artemis[/name_u] is a girl, while [name_m]Artemas[/name_m] is all boy.

I love love [name_u]Artemis[/name_u] and think it is definitely useable…but we are big Always [name_u]Sunny[/name_u] fans and that’s kills it as a name for us. She is such a ridiculous character. I do have a [name_u]Charlie[/name_u] though already so maybe I should get a theme going.