Arthur nn ....

[name]Archie[/name]? I have noticed that many people like the name [name]Archie[/name] but don’t care for [name]Archibald[/name] or [name]Archer[/name]. [name]Do[/name] you think [name]Archie[/name] could be a nn for [name]Arthur[/name]? [name]Just[/name] a thought! :slight_smile:

No

I haven’t heard of [name]Archie[/name] being a nn for [name]Arthur[/name] before. I’m not to sure it would work. I like both [name]Archie[/name] and [name]Arthur[/name] though. I think [name]Archer[/name] really isn’t that far off from [name]Arthur[/name] as far as sound goes and would suggest just using it to get the nn [name]Archie[/name]. I’m drawing a blank for other names that could also achieve this nn.

There are a lot of nn’s for boys that don’t follow the norm [name]IMO[/name]…

[name]William[/name]… [name]Bill[/name]
[name]James[/name]… [name]Jim[/name]
[name]Robert[/name]… [name]Bob[/name]
[name]John[/name]… [name]Jack[/name]
[name]Henry[/name]… [name]Harry[/name]

I guess I just don’t see why not! But I can also see how someone would be apposed to using it.

I love [name]Arthur[/name], and think the [name]Artie[/name] nickname is darling. I’ve never heard [name]Archie[/name] for [name]Arthur[/name] before, but it’s really close to [name]Artie[/name], so I don’t see why you couldn’t use it.

I hope you’re doing well, [name]Elizabeth[/name]! :slight_smile:

Good luck!

Thanks [name]Jill[/name]. It was just a thought. I have seen a couple threads on [name]Archie[/name] looking for an alternative full name. We are doing pretty well! I hope fall is treating you well :). [name]Happy[/name] [name]Monday[/name]!

I think it’s a stretch. If you don’t like [name]Archer[/name] but you like [name]Archie[/name], I don’t see like [name]Arthur[/name] better, and then not going with the obvious [name]Artie[/name]. I knew an [name]Arthur[/name] ([name]Jr[/name].) once who went by [name]Thor[/name].

I’m not really opposed to having a little fun, but calling [name]Arthur[/name] ‘[name]Archie[/name]’ is like calling [name]Mason[/name] ‘[name]Jay[/name].’ [name]Just[/name] call him [name]Jason[/name] if you’re going to do that. It’s not really like calling [name]Edward[/name] ‘[name]Ted[/name]’ because [name]Edward[/name] isn’t almost the same name as [name]Theodore[/name]. It’s also weird to call [name]Edward[/name] ‘[name]Ted[/name]’ intentionally, not the usual pattern, but I can see people liking ‘[name]Ted[/name]’ and not liking [name]Theodore[/name], they’re not looking for a name that rhymes with it.

Honestly, I think you can use whatever nickname you want! If you like the nickname [name]Archie[/name], who can/should stop you?

Although, [name]Artie[/name] is really cute as well, and almost the same name.

I agree that [name]Artie[/name] is adorable and [name]IMO[/name] better suits a child a man.

No, it’s not a nick name for [name]Arthur[/name]. If you call him [name]Archie[/name] people will think his name is [name]Archibald[/name] or [name]Archer[/name]. [name]Art[/name] or [name]Artie[/name] are nicknames for [name]Arthur[/name].

it’s acceptable:) love arthur NN art !