Arthur, ready for a comeback?

What do you think? [name]Arthur[/name]…old fashioned, kind of nerdy but classic, not too popular but will always be around. Decent nicknames in [name]Art[/name] and [name]Artie[/name]…any others you can think of?

[name]Arthur[/name] is definitely deserving of a comeback! It’s one of my all time favourite names and I particularly love [name]Artie[/name] as a nn :slight_smile:

I can’t believe that [name]Arthur[/name] is back. I can’t see any beauty in it at all. It is a nameberry favourite though.

if i’m being honest, i don’t like it at ALL

I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Arthur[/name]!

[name]Arthur[/name] is definitely ready for a comeback. It has too much wonderful history to remain buried, and sounds great with other hip grandpa names like [name]Henry[/name] and [name]Walter[/name]. I expect to see it first gain traction in the mn spot as it is a great bridge name.

Can I also point out that in the UK (where I’m from) [name]Arthur[/name] is just outside of the top 100 names on the most recent list (2008) at 102. So it’s already experiencing a comeback in the UK (annoyingly because I want to use it!) and maybe the US will follow suit in the next few years?

[name]Arthur[/name] is going to be my firstborn son, whenever I have him.

I like [name]Arthur[/name] alot. I would use it in a middle name spot. Very handsome, classic, and classy without being too snooty whimsical… :slight_smile:

[name]Love[/name] love [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Arthur[/name]! Definitely time for a come back

This is one of my top boys names! I absolutely love it!

I didn’t know [name]Arthur[/name] was out, strangely enough! At least in our area. I know a number of Arthurs in the 20-and-under set, am related to one, and I don’t mean among the trendy yuppie sort who you think of as picking “out there” things, either.