Arthur

So, I have an [name]Arthur[/name] combo with [name]Arthur[/name] in the mn slot ([name]Edmund[/name] [name]Arthur[/name]) and I love it, but I think [name]Arthur[/name] is handsome enough to be a fn too. What are your favorite [name]Arthur[/name] combos?

[name]Arthur[/name] [name]Peregrine[/name] [name]James[/name] is my [name]Arthur[/name] full name combo.

[name]Arthur[/name] is a long time favourite and I love its rich history. [name]Peregrine[/name] is a tribute to books from my childhood that I adore (The Ordinary [name]Princess[/name] & The [name]Lord[/name] of the Rings) and indirectly my Mum who read me the books. [name]James[/name] is my DH’s name so that is to honour him obviously.

I don’t love [name]Arthur[/name], so I don’t really have any combos of my own, but I was just thinking that [name]Arthur[/name] [name]Benjamin[/name] or [name]Arthur[/name] [name]Henry[/name] would be nice. Then again, those are both FNs on your list, too… :slight_smile:

What about [name]Arthur[/name] [name]Holden[/name] or [name]Arthur[/name] [name]Nathaniel[/name]?

Wow, [name]Arthur[/name] and [name]Edmund[/name] are the two names that I have picked for if I ever have a boy (or two)! So, of course, I [name]LOVE[/name]!

I have considered [name]Arthur[/name] [name]Frederick[/name], to honor my bf’s grandfather, but also because I like how it sounds. I see you have [name]James[/name] [name]Frederick[/name] in your list already… I love the name [name]James[/name], too! We seem to have similar taste. :slight_smile: ([name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Ivy[/name]? I’ve considered [name]Ivy[/name] [name]Cordelia[/name]! [name]Ivy[/name] is to die for, isn’t it?)

I love [name]Arthur[/name] [name]Peregrine[/name] [name]James[/name]!!! [name]James[/name] is my grandfather’s name on my dad’s side and [name]Lord[/name] of the Rings is in my top 5 for favorite movies!! Plus, [name]Arthur[/name] sounds like such a sophisticated, kingly name to me and [name]Peregrine[/name] just makes me think of royalty. Ugh, that combo is just so perfect! I am tempted to steal it >.>

Wow, we really do have similar tastes, haha! I just love vintage names. [name]Arthur[/name] [name]Frederick[/name] is a name I considered, and I do love [name]James[/name] plus it’s a family name. I actually picked [name]Ivy[/name] just because it sounds nice with [name]Cordelia[/name] but I do think it’s a great name, too!

I love [name]Arthur[/name] and I am in the process of adding it to my list but I cannot find a combo that I love either. Right now I am think [name]Arthur[/name] [name]Harrison[/name] but I don’t know. I think [name]Edmund[/name] [name]Arthur[/name] is still a lovely combo if you don’t end up using [name]Arthur[/name] as a FN.

I like [name]Arthur[/name], but not sure if I like it enough to use for myself. I would pair it with something a little more fun like [name]Arthur[/name] [name]Brady[/name] or [name]Arthur[/name] [name]Rowan[/name] and I second @dillonsfan01’s suggestion of [name]Arthur[/name] [name]Harrison[/name]! I really like that combo!

I love [name]Arthur[/name], its one of my favourite names. Its so vintage and classy. I’d love to meet a little [name]Arthur[/name]!

[name]Arthur[/name] [name]Charles[/name] is mine. [name]Arthur[/name] is so handsome. It’s a top contender for me if I ever have a boy. Some more ideas:

[name]Arthur[/name] [name]Henry[/name]
[name]Arthur[/name] [name]Benjamin[/name]
[name]Arthur[/name] [name]Callum[/name]
[name]Arthur[/name] [name]Vincent[/name]
[name]Arthur[/name] [name]Milo[/name]
[name]Arthur[/name] [name]Miles[/name]
[name]Arthur[/name] [name]Malcolm[/name]
[name]Arthur[/name] [name]Elias[/name]
[name]Arthur[/name] [name]Edward[/name]
[name]Arthur[/name] [name]Gabriel[/name]
[name]Arthur[/name] [name]Nathaniel[/name]
[name]Arthur[/name] [name]Dimitri[/name]
[name]Arthur[/name] [name]Hamish[/name]

Ooo, I like [name]Arthur[/name] [name]Elias[/name]!!!

And I like [name]Arthur[/name] [name]Brady[/name] and [name]Arthur[/name] [name]Rowan[/name], too. Those are two names I have loved a long time.

As I said in the name stealing thread, I don’t think anyone can expect a name to be one of a kind and by posting in a open forum about names we have to acknowledge that whatever we share might be liked and used by someone else. Plus if we both use it, you live in the US I live in Australia so it’s not like they would every run into each other.

If you love and it has personal connections for you then I say go for it! I may have all girls and never get to use it so I would feel good knowing someone might get to have a little [name]Arthur[/name] [name]Peregrine[/name] [name]James[/name] :slight_smile: I’m glad you love it, makes me feel happy inside and I wouldn’t have suggested it if I didn’t want you to consider it as an option - seems unfair to suggest the perfect name and then say too bad it’s mine :wink:

I see a couple have suggested [name]Arthur[/name] [name]Benjamin[/name]. I rather prefer it switched to [name]Benjamin[/name] [name]Arthur[/name].

I love the name [name]Arthur[/name], too. My uncle’s name was [name]Arthur[/name] [name]Eliot[/name], which I always thought was a good combo.
I’m expecting a boy myself, and I don’t have [name]Arthur[/name] on my list even though I love it because I HATE the nn “[name]Art[/name]” as much as I love the fn “[name]Arthur[/name].”
A question for all of you posting on this thread: do you plan to avoid having your little boy called [name]Art[/name] (does that ever work?), or do you just not mind the nn in the first place?

I really love [name]Arthur[/name]! I would go with [name]Arthur[/name] [name]Desmond[/name]. I like [name]Desmond[/name] much more than [name]Edmond[/name].

I like [name]Arthur[/name] Gilchrist.

My top two boys’ names are also [name]Edmund[/name] and [name]Arthur[/name]! They’re so handsome. My favourite [name]Arthur[/name] combo is [name]Arthur[/name] [name]Edward[/name], but that might be too similar to [name]Edmund[/name] [name]Arthur[/name] for you? I have to second the suggestions of [name]Arthur[/name] [name]Charles[/name] (you could nn [name]Ace[/name] to avoid [name]Art[/name]), [name]Arthur[/name] [name]Henry[/name] and [name]Arthur[/name] [name]Frederick[/name]. [name]Arthur[/name] [name]George[/name], [name]Arthur[/name] [name]William[/name] and [name]Arthur[/name] [name]Patrick[/name] sound nice to me, too.