Asa & Lionel

What do you think of [name]Asa[/name] & [name]Lionel[/name]?

I love love love [name]Lionel[/name]. Such a handsome name, I think.
As for [name]Asa[/name], I’m not sure. Maybe because I’m not saying it right? I don’t know. It just doesn’t sit right with me.

I’m not a big fan of [name]Lionel[/name]. I think it’s dated. I also think of [name]Lionel[/name] [name]Ritchie[/name] and bad haircuts.

[name]Asa[/name] is lovely, but a lot of people (at least around here) wouldn’t know how to say it. I’ve heard people try to say it and their first try is always Ass-ah. :oops:

[name]Asa[/name] is one of my fave Biblical names. It’s correctly pronounced “ay-sah” and it has a great nn of [name]Ace[/name]. Personally I would just use [name]Asa[/name] as it’s short enough. [name]Lionel[/name] is not a name that I can get to like. I usually like vintage names but this one seems dated.

I love the name [name]Asa[/name], but not [name]Lionel[/name]. [name]Leo[/name] sounds much better to me. [name]Asa[/name] and [name]Leo[/name] are especially cute for sibs.

I love [name]Asa[/name]! I do like [name]Lionel[/name], but I also get an image of [name]Lionel[/name] [name]Ritchie[/name]/bad haircuts :wink:

I guess it’s because I grew up in the 80’s but I can’t get past the [name]Lionel[/name] Ritchey thing either. However, a baby born today shouldn’t have to worry about that I suppose. [name]Asa[/name] is kinda cool. What about [name]Aza[/name]? Could it help with pronunciation issues?

I can’t say I have anything against these names… I just don’t really care for them. [name]Lionel[/name] seems really dated to me, and I’m definitely reminded of [name]Lionel[/name] [name]Ritchie[/name] and [name]Linus[/name] from Peanuts. [name]Asa[/name] just seems to be lacking sparkle to me.