ASAP Baby girl name!

Hello all! I’m in desperate need of some feedback. I’m due any day now with a girl OR a boy. We are going to be surprised! We have chosen [name]William[/name] [name]James[/name] as our boy name. That was easy. The hard part is getting our girls list narrowed down. We already have two daughters: [name]Ella[/name] [name]Rose[/name] and [name]Alice[/name] [name]Claire[/name]. I’m looking for something to go with those names. (It doesn’t have to have the same amount of syllables) Here’s our current list. Please feel free to add middle names. Our last name starts with a P and is two syllables. Thank you!

[name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name]
[name]Gwyneth[/name]
[name]Maeve[/name]
[name]Margot[/name]
[name]Joanna[/name]
[name]Jane[/name]
[name]Simone[/name]
[name]Vivian[/name]
[name]Cecily[/name]
[name]Helena[/name]
[name]Catherine[/name]

Wow Congrats!

I love the name [name]Josephine[/name] so much, my favourite name with [name]Josephine[/name] is [name]Winter[/name], but [name]Josephine[/name] winter doesn’t really work for a [name]May[/name] baby. [name]Josephine[/name] [name]Maeve[/name], or [name]Josephine[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] would be absolutely beautiful.

[name]Vivian[/name] is my third favourite girl’s name! [name]Vivian[/name] [name]May[/name] or [name]Vivian[/name] [name]Mae[/name] would be pretty, [name]Vivian[/name] [name]Ruby[/name] is also nice.

I think [name]Helena[/name] and [name]Ella[/name] are very similar for sisters, so I personally wouldn’t go with that.

[name]Catherine[/name] [name]Louise[/name] would be beautiful, although it’s a little longer than the other girl’s names, she could be [name]Cate[/name] or [name]Kate[/name], and it sounds so charming and sophisticated.

My mom considered the name [name]Gwyneth[/name] for me (It’s one of the one’s she considered that isn’t super popular now. It was between [name]Amelia[/name], [name]Olivia[/name] and [name]Isabella[/name]) [name]Gwyneth[/name] [name]Jane[/name] is really nice. I actually really like the sound of that combo and usually I’m not a fan of [name]Gwen[/name] names.

Personally I don’t think [name]Margot[/name] would fit with [name]Ella[/name] and [name]Alice[/name] that well, maybe it’s just because it’s not a personal favourite. It could be a nice middle, same with [name]Simone[/name].

As for [name]Cecily[/name], I’ve always loved this name and it fits so nicely with the other girls names. [name]Cecily[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] would be my top pick (I love [name]Pearl[/name] as a middle name) But [name]Cecily[/name] [name]Jane[/name] or [name]Cecily[/name] [name]Margot[/name] are both very very chic sounding.

So here are my choices for you, I’ll put your other girl’s names (which I adore by the way) with them so you can see what the three would look like together:

[name]Ella[/name] [name]Rose[/name], [name]Alice[/name] [name]Claire[/name] and [name]Josephine[/name] [name]Maeve[/name]
[name]Ella[/name] [name]Rose[/name], [name]Alice[/name] [name]Claire[/name] and [name]Josephine[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]
[name]Ella[/name] [name]Rose[/name], [name]Alice[/name] [name]Claire[/name] and [name]Vivian[/name] [name]Mae[/name]
[name]Ella[/name] [name]Rose[/name], [name]Alice[/name] [name]Claire[/name] and [name]Vivian[/name] [name]May[/name]
[name]Ella[/name] [name]Rose[/name], [name]Alice[/name] [name]Claire[/name] and [name]Vivian[/name] [name]Ruby[/name]
[name]Ella[/name] [name]Rose[/name], [name]Alice[/name] [name]Claire[/name] and [name]Catherine[/name] [name]Louise[/name]
[name]Ella[/name] [name]Rose[/name], [name]Alice[/name] [name]Claire[/name] and [name]Gwyneth[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Ella[/name] [name]Rose[/name], [name]Alice[/name] [name]Claire[/name] and [name]Cecily[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]
[name]Ella[/name] [name]Rose[/name], [name]Alice[/name] [name]Claire[/name] and [name]Cecily[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Ella[/name] [name]Rose[/name], [name]Alice[/name] [name]Claire[/name] and [name]Cecily[/name] [name]Margot[/name]

I think my top 3 are [name]Vivian[/name] [name]Mae[/name], [name]Catherine[/name] [name]Louise[/name] and [name]Josephine[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] (in that order) I’m sure whatever you choose will be wonderful, you’ve given your other two such beautiful names. And [name]William[/name] [name]James[/name] is a lovely choice for a boy! Good luck, I hope everything goes well!

These are my favorite combos from your list in order:

[name]Ella[/name], [name]Alice[/name] and [name]Margot[/name]
[name]Ella[/name], [name]Alice[/name] and [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Ella[/name], [name]Alice[/name] and [name]Gwyneth[/name]
[name]Ella[/name], [name]Alice[/name] and [name]Louisa[/name]

[name]Alice[/name] [name]Claire[/name], [name]Ella[/name] [name]Rose[/name] and
[name]Margot[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Jane[/name] [name]Catherine[/name]
[name]Gwyneth[/name] [name]Cecil[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]

I absolutely love the name [name]Cecily[/name] with this sib set.

[name]Cecily[/name] [name]Louise[/name]
[name]Cecily[/name] [name]Niamh[/name]
[name]Cecily[/name] [name]Grace[/name]
[name]Cecily[/name] [name]Olive[/name]
[name]Cecily[/name] [name]May[/name]

Runner up would be [name]Louisa[/name].

Best of luck :slight_smile:

Excellent choices in names! First combination I saw when glancing at the list was [name]Catherine[/name] [name]Jane[/name]. [name]Catherine[/name] is such an elegant name and can be shortened to so many cute ones like [name]Cat[/name] or [name]Cate[/name] or even CJ with this combination. Good [name]Luck[/name]!

My favorites:

[name]Ella[/name] [name]Rose[/name], [name]Alice[/name] [name]Claire[/name] and [name]Louisa[/name] [name]Maeve[/name]
[name]Ella[/name] [name]Rose[/name], [name]Alice[/name] [name]Claire[/name] and [name]Cecily[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Ella[/name] [name]Rose[/name], [name]Alice[/name] [name]Claire[/name] and [name]Josephine[/name] [name]Mae[/name]
[name]Ella[/name] [name]Rose[/name], [name]Alice[/name] [name]Claire[/name] and [name]Jane[/name] [name]Catherine[/name]
[name]Ella[/name] [name]Rose[/name], [name]Alice[/name] [name]Claire[/name] and [name]Jane[/name] [name]Louisa[/name]
[name]Ella[/name] [name]Rose[/name], [name]Alice[/name] [name]Claire[/name] and [name]Maeve[/name] [name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Ella[/name] [name]Rose[/name], [name]Alice[/name] [name]Claire[/name] and [name]Maeve[/name] [name]Simone[/name]
[name]Ella[/name] [name]Rose[/name], [name]Alice[/name] [name]Claire[/name] and [name]Jane[/name] [name]Margot[/name]
[name]Ella[/name] [name]Rose[/name], [name]Alice[/name] [name]Claire[/name] and [name]Vivian[/name] [name]Maeve[/name]

Good luck :smiley:

[name]Lovely[/name] names!

[name]Louisa[/name] [name]Maeve[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name] [name]Simone[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name] [name]Vivian[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name] [name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Maeve[/name] [name]Joanna[/name]
[name]Margot[/name] [name]Simone[/name]
[name]Josephine[/name] [name]Margot[/name]
[name]Josephine[/name] [name]Maeve[/name]
[name]Josephine[/name] [name]Simone[/name]
[name]Helena[/name] [name]Catherine[/name]
[name]Helena[/name] [name]Simone[/name]
[name]Helena[/name] [name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Joanna[/name] [name]Simone[/name]
[name]Joanna[/name] [name]Maeve[/name]
[name]Joanna[/name] [name]Vivian[/name]
[name]Joanna[/name] [name]Margot[/name]

[name]William[/name] [name]James[/name]? Oh-so-literary. And handsome! Nice choice.

I love so many of the names on your list, but since you’ve already got great ones, I thought I’d tell you about two I thought of when I saw your [name]Ella[/name] [name]Rose[/name] and [name]Alice[/name] [name]Claire[/name]. Yep, they both have that 2-1 syllabic pattern, but they also have subtle (well, not-so-subtle in [name]Alice[/name]'s case) vintage flair, classic appeal, and a simple elegance about them. Not to mention they both have L’s in them and feel whimsical and free and feminine! Two names popped into my head - [name]Laurel[/name] [name]Jane[/name] and [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Jane[/name]. They’ve got the L thing covered, and they feel perky and sweet with [name]Ella[/name] and [name]Alice[/name], yea? Plus, [name]Laurel[/name] is different enough to stand out, whereas [name]Lucy[/name] fits right in between classic-but-popular [name]Ella[/name] and classic-but-uncommon [name]Alice[/name]. [name]Jane[/name] is just a sweet counterpart to both [name]Rose[/name] and [name]Claire[/name]!

Off your list, [name]Margo[/name] and [name]Simone[/name] feel best with [name]Ella[/name] and [name]Alice[/name]. [name]Helena[/name] is too close to [name]Ella[/name], [name]Cecily[/name] is too close to [name]Alice[/name] and [name]Ella[/name] (for me), and [name]Gwyneth[/name], [name]Maeve[/name], and even [name]Josephine[/name] feel a little heavy compared to your girls’ names.

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

All the names are nice but your two girls names [name]Ella[/name] and [name]Alice[/name] are vintage and classic so if you’re looking for something to go with them from your list and with the same feeling than I’d say the closest is [name]Louisa[/name]. [name]Louisa[/name] [name]Jane[/name] would also fit with the girls middle names since each is a single syllable. [name]Hope[/name] that helps.

You have some beautiful names in your family. Here are some names similar (style-wise) to your other kids’ names:

[name]Catherine[/name] [name]Louisa[/name]
[name]Catherine[/name] [name]Helena[/name]
[name]Cecily[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Gwyneth[/name] [name]Eve[/name]
[name]Joanna[/name] [name]Simone[/name]
[name]Caroline[/name] [name]Marie[/name]
[name]Abigail[/name] [name]Louisa[/name]
[name]Maribelle[/name] ([name]Mare[/name]-a-bel) [name]Adelina[/name]

Thank you all so much for your impressions and the wonderful suggestions. Ameliaanne: I never thought about how similar [name]Helena[/name] was to [name]Ella[/name]. You are right…that’s out. I like [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Jane[/name] too, [name]Lemon[/name]. It seems that “[name]Jane[/name]” is popular with most of you as a first or middle. Thank you so much for your input! I’m loving it. : )

Congratulations :slight_smile:

[name]William[/name] [name]James[/name] is a handsome, classy choice for a little boy! From your list, I really like ;

[name]Louisa[/name]
[name]Maeve[/name]
[name]Vivian[/name]
[name]Helena[/name]
[name]Catherine[/name]

[name]Helena[/name] is lovely, and its really close to my own daughters name ([name]Elena[/name]) but it is a little too close to [name]Ella[/name]. [name]Vivian[/name], [name]Louisa[/name] and [name]Catherine[/name] are timeless, beautiful names, but my favourite is [name]Maeve[/name] because its so original and unusual. I’m not sure it sounds too good with [name]Ella[/name] and [name]Alice[/name] though.
So how about :

[name]Vivian[/name] [name]Marie[/name]
[name]Vivian[/name] [name]May[/name]
[name]Vivian[/name] [name]Clara[/name]
[name]Vivian[/name] [name]Grace[/name]
[name]Vivian[/name] [name]Kate[/name]

Good luck choosing and best of luck to you :slight_smile:

Okay everyone! I’m going in tonight to be induced :smiley: I heard another name I liked and I want all of your honest opinions. It’s [name]Mayra[/name]…pronounced “[name]Myra[/name]”. I like [name]Mayra[/name] [name]Jane[/name] but DH says it reminds him of “[name]Mary[/name] [name]Jane[/name]”. What do you all think?

I actually knew someone growing up named [name]Myra[/name] (spelled this way), and I always thought it was pretty, but because it was “different.”
From your previous list, I love [name]Lucy[/name] and [name]Maeve[/name], and I think they go so much nicer with [name]Ella[/name] and [name]Alice[/name]. :slight_smile:
Good luck with your induction!