Asher Mateo Yes/No?

I’ve been looking for an appropriate name to pair with [name]Asher[/name] (a name my husband and I are quite fond of- it’s on our short list). I stumbled across [name]Mateo[/name] (meaning “gift of God” in Hebrew). [name]Do[/name] you think it flows well with [name]Asher[/name]? Is it a bit too strange? I also considered [name]Asher[/name] [name]Jude[/name]. Our last name is [name]Willis[/name]. I’m entirely open to suggestions. Prefer something that is spiritually significant. Thanks so much!

[name]Asher[/name] [name]Mateo[/name] [name]Willis[/name]
The meaning would be “happy, blessed, fortunated one who is a gift from God”. What a great meaning and a great name. I think you found a keeper :slight_smile:

[name]Asher[/name] [name]Mateo[/name] is absolutely amazing.

[name]Mateo[/name] is the Spanish version of [name]Matthew[/name], so to me it sounds odd paired with [name]Asher[/name] and [name]Willis[/name], 2 very non-latino names (unless the baby will be partly of hispanic heritage and you want to represent that part of the family, in that case I would say go for it!) I think [name]Asher[/name] [name]Jude[/name] sounds great.

I love the mixture of Yiddish (or Ashkenazi Hebrew) and Spanish. Very “citizen of the world.” If you wanted similar languages, [name]Asher[/name] Matan is nice. Matan means “given” in Hebrew. Though the way modern Hebrew works it could be understood as “happy given one” or “the one who is given” Maybe [name]Asher[/name] [name]Micah[/name]?

Wow! Thanks so much for the insight. I’m in love with this name, but my husband has the same cultural concern. We are of Irish/Swedish decent, so he thinks it’s silly to use a name that is (in his opinion) so obviously Spanish. Although, I must admit, when I found the name I had no idea where it originated. Should it matter? I love it so much, and very few other names flow well and add to the meaning of [name]Asher[/name]. . . Thanks too for the name suggestions. We’ll definitely consider them! :slight_smile:

I don’t think it matters what your origin is, I think [name]Asher[/name] [name]Mateo[/name] is gorgeous! (side note: [name]Matteo[/name] is the Italian version)

When you think about it [name]Gianna[/name] is #86 for popularity right now. I very much doubt that every single person that used it is of Italian decent. I think you’re in clear!