Ask a Teenager?

Anyone willing to ask a teenager if “[name_m]Peter[/name_m]” means anything in slang these days?

I know it USED to mean “penis” but I have a feeling that may be very out dated.

I’m not sure if it’s a reason to not name my child this. After all, [name_m]Jack[/name_m] is one of the most popular names today and that could have some associations with it, but it doesn’t seem to be an issue. Thoughts?

I am a teenager and I’ve never heard anything about [name_m]Peter[/name_m] being slang for anything.

I’m a teenager and I’ve never heard of that (I’m in the US)

I’m 23, and in theory I know that [name_m]Peter[/name_m] could be slang, but I have never in my life actually heard it used that way.

I’m a teen and [name_m]Peter[/name_m] means nothing to me

I’m not a teen, I’m 20, but I’ve never heard of what [name_m]Peter[/name_m] could be slang for. Better than [name_m]Jack[/name_m], [name_m]Richard[/name_m] or [name_m]Willy[/name_m]. I live in the UK, in case the slang is region-specific

I’m 20 but I think I know what you’re talking about? It doesn’t have anything to do with [name_m]Jack[/name_m] though so that’s why I’m confused. I don’t think it’ll be a problem. I quite like [name_m]Peter[/name_m].

I’m a teenager and I’ve never heard of that!

I’m 18 and I have never ever heard anyone use the name [name_m]Peter[/name_m] to mean that

I;m 40 so I of course know what it is slang for, but i just asked my 15year old and he didn’t know. Honestly, if I were to hear peter I wouldn’t automatically go to the slang meaning as it is such a standard name

I’m a teenager and never heard of it

I’m a teen (in the US) and I’ve never heard anyone make fun of the name [name_m]Peter[/name_m]. But kids can come up with awful nicknames for any name really

I just asked my 21-year-old daughter…she knew what [name_m]Peter[/name_m] is slang for, but said that in her opinion very few teenagers would know of the reference, or even if they did it wouldn’t be their first thought when hearing the name. She said that she thought that [name_m]Richard[/name_m] would be much problematic. We’re in the northeastern U.S., if that helps.

I heard of that but never understood why since it doesnt sound like a word for penis like willy or wiener and wouldn’t think anything of it if I met someone with the name but I never have

I’m a high school teacher and I actually have a student named [name_m]Peter[/name_m] and no one has made any comments about his name (and believe me, you hear a lot of penis-related slang as a high school teacher). I think the slang is outdated and even if people are aware of it, there are a lot of other associations with the name.

I’m not a teenager, but even I think the slang usage of [name_m]Peter[/name_m] is pretty antiquated. I’ve only ever heard it used that way in vintage media - never in real life.

I also know a 21-year-old whose given name is “[name_m]John[/name_m] [name_m]Thomas[/name_m]” (which had a slang usage similar to [name_m]Peter[/name_m], once upon a time) and who goes by [name_m]Jack[/name_m]. I don’t think he’s ever had a problem with being teased for his name, even though the slang usages of “[name_m]Jack[/name_m]” are still very much in play.

I’m 18, [name_m]Peter[/name_m] just makes me think of peter pan (which is adorable :), never even heard of it being used with any negative connotations.

I’m in my early 20s and I’ve never heard [name_m]Peter[/name_m] used as a slang word, and I’ve never known anyone named [name_m]Peter[/name_m] to get made fun of because of their name (despite knowing several boys with this name when I was growing up). I think the slang meaning must be either very dated or regional.