Associations with Mirabel

We have a son [name]Linden[/name] and a baby girl due in about a month. We keep coming back to [name]Mirabel[/name] for her. We’ve got some reactions that it seems like a hispanic name and that people think of a jolly older woman - we don’t have that association at all and are not hispanic. Not that it really matters, but I’d love some broader views on whether that association is wide-spread, or dependant on regions. We live in [name]Canada[/name], so views of Canadians would be especially appreciated.

thanks!

[name]Hi[/name]! I’m in the US, but I absolutely love [name]Mirabel[/name] (and the [name]Mirabelle[/name] spelling). To me, it looks and sounds feminine, elegant, and sweet, and I can picture [name]Mirabel[/name] on both a little girl and a professional adult.

I think it’s a wonderful name!

Good luck! :slight_smile:

I live in [name]Canada[/name] and I think [name]Mirabel[/name] is a really gorgeous name! I also love the spelling [name]Mirabelle[/name] and [name]Mirabella[/name]. However, with [name]Linden[/name] I like [name]Mirabel[/name] the best :slight_smile: I think it’s lovely, and the nicknames [name]Mira[/name], [name]Belle[/name] or [name]Bella[/name] are beautiful!

I really like [name]Mirabel[/name], and I like this spelling of it best. It doesn’t strike me as sounding particularly Hispanic–no more than [name]Isabel[/name]. Also, not old ladyish to my ears. I don’t really have preconceived ideas about the name, except that I’d expect a [name]Mirabel[/name] to be young.

BTW, I live in [name]Ontario[/name].