Astala Dylan Willow Cohen-Geldof

[name]Peaches[/name] Geldof, a minor British celebrity, has apparently just had a son named Astala [name]Dylan[/name] [name]Willow[/name] [name]Cohen[/name]-Geldof.

I was able to find a few comments that she supposedly gave on the name:

“I wanted a Jewish name because my fiance is a Jew and the name is the male version of [name]Esther[/name].”

“We found [Astala] in a baby name book – quite an obscure one. We wanted something unusual but not ridiculous.”

Definitely questioning the credentials of her obscure baby name book, but I don’t have a really strong opinion on the name itself. The whole combination is kind of L heavy.

I’m also interested in the order of the last names. Shouldn’t it be Geldof-[name]Cohen[/name]?

I’m also interested in the order of the last names. Shouldn’t it be Geldof-[name]Cohen[/name]?

You can hyphenate surnames any way you like, really.

I have never heard the name before, but I love it. I’m usually a sucker for names that have A and L.

Two of the names sound like a girl (Astala and [name]Willow[/name]) and one is more popular for boys ([name]Dylan[/name]). A real odd trio!

It’s so funny that you should say that, because I had it written as Geldof-[name]Cohen[/name] before I rechecked and saw that the surnames were the other way around, but I wasn’t consciously aware of any rule that said they should be hyphenated in any particular order. I agree with milasmama, I think you can do it any way you want. If there are rules I wouldn’t be surprised if they were intentionally flouting them. The parents are both sort of hipster or alternative or whatever you want to call it.

I don’t really think the name has a good flow with 4 names with two syllables all with the stress on the first one. But Astala is okay, especially in that family with [name]Peaches[/name] having siblings named [name]Fifi[/name] Trixabelle, [name]Pixie[/name] Frou-Frou and [name]Heavenly[/name] Hiraani [name]Tiger[/name] [name]Lily[/name]. Her full name is [name]Peaches[/name] Honeyblossom so Astala is pretty “normal” :wink:

Sounds really girly…very strange choice

I love [name]Dylan[/name] on girl, and [name]Willow[/name] on a boy or girl