Aster+Blythe+Lark= ??? updated

I adore [name]Blythe[/name], and am warming up to [name]Lark[/name]! [name]Phoebe[/name] is one of my favourite names … Some other ideas :

Trees :
[name]Willow[/name] (seems fairly popular)
[name]Pomona[/name]

Flowers :
[name]Lilac[/name]
[name]Lily[/name]
Chrysanta (kri-SAN-ta)
[name]Rosalie[/name] (possibly in danger of a popularity boom, due to the Twilight books)
[name]Rosanne[/name]/[name]Roseanna[/name]
[name]Rose[/name]
[name]Calanthe[/name] (ka-LAN-thee)
[name]Amarantha[/name] (also means ‘unfading’)
[name]Anthea[/name]
[name]Flora[/name]
[name]Fleur[/name]
Euthalia (means ‘flower’ in Ancient Greek)
[name]Clover[/name]
[name]Iris[/name]
[name]Heather[/name]
[name]Jasmine[/name]
[name]Tulip[/name]
[name]Violet[/name] (quite popular)
[name]Poppy[/name]
[name]Ianthe[/name] (yan-thee) - ‘violet’, and also the name of a sea nymph in Greek mythology
[name]Anemone[/name] (a-NEM-a-nee)
Celandine (SEL-an-deen)
[name]Daffodil[/name] (or [name]Daphne[/name] has the same sound)
[name]Laelia[/name]
[name]Petunia[/name]
[name]Primrose[/name] nn [name]Posy[/name]
[name]Camellia[/name] (ka-[name]MEL[/name]-ee-a)
[name]Lavender[/name]
[name]Marigold[/name]

Other :
[name]Alouette[/name] (the French for [name]Lark[/name], pronounced al-OU-ett)
[name]Alya[/name] (means sky or heaven in Arabic)
[name]Ara[/name] (a constellation)
[name]Cassiopeia[/name] (another constellation)
[name]Mariposa[/name] (butterfly in Spanish)
[name]Paloma[/name] (dove in Spanish)
[name]Serena[/name], [name]Grace[/name] and other virtue names.

Good luck!

From the names suggested, I get that happy feeling from [name]Alouette[/name], [name]Juno[/name], [name]Phoebe[/name], [name]Poppy[/name] and [name]Aria[/name]. Oh, and [name]Skylar[/name] too!

I also get it from [name]Summer[/name], [name]Bijou[/name], [name]Lola[/name], [name]Djuna[/name], [name]Melody[/name], [name]Bonnie[/name] and [name]Allegra[/name]. I used to get it from [name]Sienna[/name] before it became so popular in the UK, and the same probably goes for [name]Ruby[/name]. Maybe also [name]Fay[/name], [name]Gemma[/name], [name]Luna[/name], [name]Dulce[/name], [name]Caprice[/name], [name]Lyric[/name], [name]Ariel[/name], [name]Daisy[/name], [name]Calypso[/name], [name]Jolie[/name].

I love light, feminine names - especially when they feel soft to say. To me, out of [name]Aster[/name], [name]Blythe[/name] and [name]Lark[/name], [name]Blythe[/name] fits that the best. It it lovely and soft, with no harsh letters or sounds it’s almost floaty :slight_smile: [name]ASTer[/name] and larK sound sharp to me, but I think they are still beautiful names.
More ideas, keeping with the soft letters theme:

[name]Mila[/name] - can be said my-luh or mee-luh, is one of my favourite names right now. It’s uncommon and beautifully underused - but has the same sounds as the more common [name]Lila[/name] and [name]Isla[/name] (which are both also gorgeous). I’d suggest [name]Mila[/name] [name]Valencia[/name].

[name]Iris[/name] - a bit more harsh, but a lovely name. [name]Iris[/name] is the greek goddess of the rainbow, and is another underused name. People have heard it before, but not often. [name]Iris[/name] [name]Amelie[/name] or [name]Iris[/name] Aur”lie would be perfect :slight_smile:

Also:
[name]Calla[/name]
[name]Cassia[/name]
[name]Willa[/name]
[name]Wren[/name]
[name]Alanis[/name]

I just wanted to mention these names -

[name]Bliss[/name] - I ran into a young lady with this name a few weeks back. It is much like [name]Blythe[/name] but is more of a word name.
[name]Camille[/name] nn [name]Cammie[/name] or [name]Milly[/name]
[name]Capri[/name]
[name]Linnet[/name] - a little song bird I love the nn [name]Lin[/name] or [name]Linnie[/name] with this name.

Have we suggested [name]Skye[/name]?

What about [name]Sage[/name] or [name]Saige[/name]?

[name]Esther[/name] seems to be the obvious suggestion for me. Its definitely [name]Aster[/name] + [name]Blythe[/name]. Then you get [name]Essie[/name] or [name]Ettie[/name] for a nn, without the @$$ problems. I really like [name]Lark[/name], and I think that would be my pick if I were in your shoes. I’m sure you’ve gone down the two middle name road, and I think I remember you deciding against it due to a long last name, but I would still be tempted to use two mn’s. [name]Esther[/name] [name]Miriam[/name] [name]Lark[/name].

Other ideas:
[name]Daphne[/name]
[name]Ashby[/name] (pronounced [name]Ash[/name]-bee)
[name]Gwyneth[/name]
[name]Lilith[/name]
[name]Edith[/name]
[name]Elspeth[/name]

Okay, I don’t have any more suggestions for you, but just thought of something regarding [name]Blythe[/name]…
Have you considered the [name]Blithe[/name] spelling? It looks lighter than [name]Blythe[/name], so perhaps at least suggesting it to your DH will make him see the name in a new light… It’s also not too much of a change or too tricky of a spelling, so it might help?
I dunno, I just know that it helped warm me up to the name, seeing it as [name]Blithe[/name] rather than [name]Blythe[/name]…
It also makes it a word name, so it would be perfectly okay! ^^

Best of luck to you and your DH on deciding!! I’m sure you’ll agree on something eventually! I just know it!
And if it makes a difference, I come from Norway where naming a baby is practically by rule done at least a month after birth, and no one thinks anything of you if 6 months pass by and the baby is still The [name]Baby[/name]… ^^

Have you considered [name]Lake[/name]?

I second the suggestion of trying out [name]Aster[/name] to see how it feels in real life. You can think of a negative teasing connotation for pretty much every name (although some are more obvious than others) and it can become paralyzing. I think [name]Aster[/name] is a good mix of all the feelings and sounds you want in your daughter’s name. I loved [name]Blythe[/name] for you but I’ve gotta think that if it were perfect you wouldn’t still be looking.

[name]Aster[/name] [name]Miriam[/name] [name]Jackson[/name]-[name]Ford[/name] - I really do like this!

Otherwise, I like [name]Wren[/name] as it is similar to [name]Lark[/name] but softer sounding.

[name]Wren[/name] [name]Miriam[/name] [name]Jackson[/name]-[name]Ford[/name]

I love [name]Lark[/name] for a girl. I used to babysit for sisters named [name]Lark[/name] and [name]Dove[/name].
[name]Aster[/name]- I like the similar name, [name]Astra[/name].
I like [name]Gwyneth[/name] too.
Other name I like-
[name]Amity[/name]
[name]Avis[/name]
[name]Meadow[/name]
Elowen
[name]Thea[/name]
[name]Wynn[/name]

[name]Hi[/name] there,

I’ve made a bunch of suggestions in other posts, but now focusing on [name]Lark[/name], I think of:

[name]Robin[/name]/[name]Robyn[/name] – you might be more comfortable with this name, as it feels to me like it has a bit more substance and history as a name than [name]Lark[/name] does …

[name]Raven[/name] – for a dark-haired beauty…

[name]Aya[/name] – just learned that this is a Hebrew name meaning bird, not sure what the correct pronunciation is…

[name]Pluma[/name] – I already suggested this one in another post, but just in case you missed it, this lovely name means ‘feather’…

[name]Heron[/name] – Nameberry says this is a boy’s name, but I don’t see why it couldn’t be used for a girl. [name]Lovely[/name], soft sound.

And, my favorite …
[name]Oriel[/name] – sounds very close to the bird name [name]Oriole[/name], but has a history as an authentic name meaning ‘golden’. Also has a beautiful soft sound, like [name]Blythe[/name]. [name]Auriel[/name] & [name]Oriole[/name] could be alternate spellings. Maybe [name]Oriel[/name] is just what you’re looking for …
[name]Oriel[/name] [name]Miriam[/name] flows beautifully.

I had said earlier, I adore [name]Aster[/name], and [name]Blythe[/name] is pretty good. I don’t dislike [name]Blythe[/name] by any stretch, but it seems you have fixed on [name]Aster[/name], which just sounds brighter and clearer to me. [name]Blythe[/name] is sort of gauzy and soft. I don’t mean that it’s insubstantial in a mousy way, it just sounds quieter. So, to me, two different names. [name]Aster[/name] is the more boisterous one of those two names.

I did not address [name]Lark[/name]. I do not feel comfortable with this name for some reason. It’s a pretty bird, happy kind of name. But it has the most hard sound of the 3 names. [name]Aster[/name] is the median to me. [name]Lark[/name] is hard like [name]Mark[/name] or [name]Locke[/name]. It is hard to put into words just how this name “feels” as if a co-worker had this name, I would not think this fits an adult and was some sort of whimsy. I think hard but weak is a difficult combination to achieve, but [name]Lark[/name] feels so to me. [name]Wren[/name], to me, is just not there either. These names are kind of hard to say, short, odd, and seem more faddish. Maybe I just don’t like birds? Besides being happy as a lark, people often do zany things or out of their usual routines “just for a lark.”

[name]May[/name] be a sign of courage, fearlessness, flouting the rules for good reason, or just being irresponsible. I may never know what to expect from someone with that name, or just be too prejudiced against it - if not me, others. Teachers, co-workers, employers. If perhaps it is tease-proof in school age among her peers, how well does it serve the grown woman among adults, or even the child against a teacher? It seems the kind of name teachers would feel uneasy about, and expect to act up, keeping the tone down in the room by singling out [name]Lark[/name] instead of [name]Ellie[/name] or [name]Cady[/name].

Teasing is inevitable, but what is being rejected from employment opportunities than teasing where it really counts and hurts the chances of success? She may be very well socialized to be un-[name]Lark[/name]-like (which to me, makes the name lose if it’s not desired to fit the personality), or be [name]Lark[/name]-like in an artsy atmosphere where people feel more comfortable with Larks than your typical office. Being a baby or a small girl in pretty dresses charming everyone, with her happy happy name is cute, but this sort of name, to me, prescribes a definitive expectation among adults, which she herself may not like, and may count against her. It is not just kids who make dumb associations and remarks. Teasing in the school days is not the be-all and end-all of a name’s effect on the world.

I say this all to get to an idea I just had - one of my classmates in elementary school had the last name of “[name]Larka[/name]”. I believe she was of Swedish descent, but of course, I can’t call her and check. I have also heard of [name]Larkin[/name] (not sure spelling). [name]Both[/name] of these, but especially [name]Larka[/name] make an enormous improvement to the name [name]Lark[/name] to my ears and eyes, as well as imagery. Again, difficult to explain, and possibly subjective. I think [name]Larka[/name] is more like [name]Aster[/name]. It’s unusual, but it sounds more name-like than word-like. Where the word lark has some disposition to it as an expressive word in our language, [name]Larka[/name] escapes it for me. It sounds like a person who may be happy and curious, but can also be trusted to get the job done, and cooperate. Pretty, personable, smart, interesting, unexpected, yet balanced and responsible. She has an unusual name with just enough buffer from the zany world of [name]Lark[/name], while retaining the positives of the name.

I said I don’t like [name]Wren[/name] that much either. I think it has more to do with its sound like rend or wrench. It’s also, among a theme of birds, per se, as if a bird was chosen at random, like liking a name’s meaning and disregarding the sound and appearance of it. It’s just abrupt in a way that, say [name]Lauren[/name] (or [name]Karen[/name]) or [name]Renee[/name] isn’t.

You have a lot to consider, and it seems to weigh more and more the longer this indecision goes on. I think [name]Aster[/name] is the right name. I think being cautious is one thing, and over-thinking it is another (like I should talk!) It is appealing to adults in a healthy and positive way, an individualistic name without bouncing off the walls, pretty and also mature sounding. I like [name]Blythe[/name] too, I think [name]Larka[/name] may be quite an excellent name if you are still considering [name]Lark[/name].

I’m a fellow juniper lover!

[name]Ocean[/name]/oceana
[name]River[/name]
[name]Azalea[/name]
[name]Arden[/name]
[name]Sequoia[/name]

[name]Adele[/name]
[name]Alma[/name]
[name]Carys[/name]
[name]Celeste[/name]
[name]Cybele[/name]
[name]Freya[/name]
[name]Gemma[/name]
[name]Idris[/name]
[name]Luna[/name]
[name]Oona[/name]
[name]Opal[/name]
[name]Ula[/name]
[name]Verity[/name]

[name]Freya[/name] [name]Miriam[/name] [name]Jackson[/name] [name]Ford[/name]

I think [name]Freya[/name] has the light, happy feel that appeals to you, as a combo it is beautiful. I love the femininity of this name too, and it is not too frilly.

I think that this is an intriguing name, not too way out and not too common but with that free as air feel to it.

[name]Do[/name] you think that this pretty name could be the ONE?

I am voting for [name]Freya[/name].

About the name [name]Freya[/name]

It is of Scandinavian origin, and its meaning is “noble lady”. Norse mythology: [name]Freya[/name] was the goddess of love and fertility. Friday was named for her. [name]Author[/name] [name]Freya[/name] Stark.

At the risk of repeating others (and possibly myself!):

[name]Bryony[/name]
[name]Brynn[/name] (or [name]Bryn[/name])
[name]Briar[/name]
[name]Brooke[/name]
[name]Blair[/name]
[name]Wren[/name]
[name]Arden[/name]
[name]Skye[/name]
[name]Rain[/name]

after reading through all the previous posts, the name that came to my mind was cora. its light, happy and carefree sounding.

cora miriam.

Sorry, if these have been suggested but what about

• [name]Azalea[/name]
  • [name]Dove[/name]
  • [name]Ezra[/name]

couple more:

• [name]Greta[/name]
  • [name]Daisy[/name]
  • [name]Clover[/name]
  • [name]Ria[/name] or [name]Rea[/name]
  • [name]Theda[/name]
  • [name]Zenia[/name]