Aster

What do you think of [name]Aster[/name]? It’s not precisely my usual style (which tnds to be more classic/vintage), but this one has really been growing on me…

Really, nothing at all?!?
bump

I love [name]Aster[/name] :slight_smile: I really prefer it compared to [name]Astrid[/name] as well. It still seems to have that old charm as well. Good choice!

I agree! It’s kind of quirky, but not too out there, classic but fresh sounding. I think it could be a real winner

Personally, I think the look and sound of it is so unpleasant. All I hear is a**. I don’t remember what show it was but a woman named her daughter [name]Astrid[/name] and someone said a** turd, [name]Aster[/name] reminds me of that.

It was The Office! The a** thing is my one real reservation about the name so far, but I can’t decide how much it bothers me…

My first thought was the Astor family, as in the wealthy American family who started the Waldorf-[name]Astoria[/name] hotel chain. It’s okay but unlike the PPs I prefer [name]Astrid[/name] for its European flair or even [name]Astoria[/name] because I like how the word “story” is in it. [name]Aster[/name] seems a bit masculine and nicknamey for me.

Yep, that’s the only thing I think of when I see/hear this name… Asturd.