Aster

What do you think of the name [name_f]Aster[/name_f]?

[name_f]Do[/name_f] you think it ages well, sounds professional and doesn’t sound too weird or odd? [name_m]Will[/name_m] people mistake it for [name_f]Esther[/name_f] when they hear it?

Any second middle name suggestions? ([name_f]Aster[/name_f] [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] ____ or [name_f]Aster[/name_f] ____ [name_f]Hazel[/name_f])

I like [name_f]Aster[/name_f]. I would choose [name_f]Aster[/name_f] [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] or [name_f]Aster[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Hazel[/name_f]. I think it may be confused with [name_f]Esther[/name_f], but I don’t think that’s a huge deal.

I do think it’s pretty, but with how similar it is to [name_f]Esther[/name_f] I think I would personally just go with [name_f]Esther[/name_f].

[name_f]Aster[/name_f] [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] is a bit of a mouthful so I’d break it up with a name where the stress is not on the first syllable.

[name_f]Aster[/name_f] [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] [name_f]Hazel[/name_f]
[name_f]Aster[/name_f] [name_f]Ramona[/name_f] [name_f]Hazel[/name_f]
[name_f]Aster[/name_f] [name_f]Bianca[/name_f] [name_f]Hazel[/name_f]

I really like it. :slight_smile:

I second [name_f]Aster[/name_f] [name_f]Ramona[/name_f] [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] and [name_f]Aster[/name_f] [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] [name_f]Hazel[/name_f].

[name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_f]Aster[/name_f]. Maybe you would like [name_f]Asteria[/name_f] or [name_f]Astraea[/name_f]?

I like it. Very [name_u]Dexter[/name_u]!

I like it because of its meaning, but I prefer the sound of [name_f]Esther[/name_f], and I also prefer [name_f]Astrid[/name_f].

[name_f]Aster[/name_f] is pretty, I don’t think it would often be confused with [name_f]Esther[/name_f].

[name_f]Aster[/name_f] [name_f]Louise[/name_f] [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] or [name_f]Aster[/name_f] [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] [name_f]Hazel[/name_f]

Personally I also prefer [name_f]Astrid[/name_f]. Won’t be confused with [name_f]Esther[/name_f] and a bit more familiar. But if you love it, go for it!!

As for [name_f]Hazel[/name_f], might [name_f]Aster[/name_f] [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] possibly be too much of a botanical overload? I agree with pp, [name_f]Aster[/name_f] [name_f]Louise[/name_f] is adorable. Are there any women in your family you might like to honor with the middle name, living or passed?

[name_f]Hazel[/name_f] is actually to honor my sister in law :wink:

Thanks all for the help, but [name_f]Aster[/name_f] didn’t make the final list