Astoria

I really like this name, specially with the nn [name_u]Rory[/name_u] but I’m slightly worried about the As- beginning for obvious reasons. What do you think? Is it usable or too weird?

What other names can get the nn [name_u]Rory[/name_u]? I don’t like [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] because with my accent it sounds weird.

1 Like

I really like [name_f]Astoria[/name_f]!! [name_f]My[/name_f] fave nn for it is [name_u]Story[/name_u]. I think the as- part is fine. It’s very similar to one of my favorites [name_f]Astara[/name_f].

2 Likes

Personally I wouldn’t be able to shake the associations with Queens, NY. If you are looking for [name_u]Rory[/name_u] you could just go with it on its own! Other options are [name_f]Lorelei[/name_f] or [name_f]Majorie[/name_f].

1 Like

I think [name_f]Astoria[/name_f] is nice!

Rosemary nn [name_u]Rory[/name_u]

1 Like

I love [name_f]Astoria[/name_f]! The beginning would make me hesitant to use it too, but it’s still a fantastic name!

Rory is a lovely nickname for [name_f]Astoria[/name_f]!

Other possible names for [name_u]Rory[/name_u]:

Andromeda
[name_f]Morwenna[/name_f]
[name_u]Rowan[/name_u] / [name_f]Rowena[/name_f]

I think any variation of [name_f]Rose[/name_f] also works!

1 Like

I think [name_f]Astoria[/name_f] is such a sweet name really lovely ethereal name. I don’t really see the issue with the As beginning. I really like the nickname [name_u]Rory[/name_u] for [name_f]Astoria[/name_f] and I like the nickname [name_u]Story[/name_u].

1 Like

Astoria is lovely! I don’t think the As start is a big deal; I’ve known several Astrids and it’s never been an issue.

Some other ‘[name_u]Rory[/name_u]’ names…

Rosemary
[name_f]Victoria[/name_f]
[name_f]Elora[/name_f]
[name_f]Eliora[/name_f]
[name_f]Fiora[/name_f]
[name_f]Cordelia[/name_f]

1 Like

Love [name_f]Astoria[/name_f]! How about [name_f]Ramona[/name_f], [name_f]Eleanora[/name_f] or [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] with the nn [name_u]Rory[/name_u]? X

1 Like

I wouldn’t worry about the beginning b/c it’s not pronounced ass, but uh-stor-eah.

I think of the Waldorf so I’d look for another way to [name_u]Rory[/name_u].

Almost any R name could get you there. [name_f]Rosamund[/name_f], [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f], [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f], [name_f]Rosellen[/name_f], [name_u]Romy[/name_u], [name_f]Romola[/name_f], [name_u]Romilly[/name_u], [name_u]Roma[/name_u], I think.

1 Like

Astoria is nice! I don’t think the beginning of it is a problem.

1 Like

Story and [name_u]Rory[/name_u] are fantastic for [name_f]Astoria[/name_f].

If your heart is set on [name_u]Rory[/name_u], you can definitely get it from [name_f]Astoria[/name_f].

Aurora/nn [name_u]Rory[/name_u] is one my top 2 fav names. What’s your accent if you don’t mind me asking?

Astoria is beautiful :heart:

1 Like