astrology-inspired names

So this started when I noticed that the stories of both [name]Michael[/name] and Anubis include weighing of souls on scales and I thought it might be cool for someone born under the sign of [name]Libra[/name] to be named [name]Michael[/name] Anubis. So then I started compiling a list of fn-mn combos for all the signs. Some are very obvious (although I did try to avoid using the sign names themselves) while others are obscure or use a more personal connection to get there. But they all have some link to the sign, at least in my mind. Some signs gave me a wealth of names and I picked out the ones I liked the most and others were a struggle to get anything I didn’t think sounded completely horrid. Anyway, it was fun, and nowhere else do I even stand a chance of finding anyone who would understand why I’d put together something like this.

[name]MALE[/name] NAMES
[name]Aries[/name]: [name]Amon[/name] [name]Farley[/name]
[name]Taurus[/name]: [name]Django[/name] [name]Kye[/name]
[name]Gemini[/name]: [name]Thomas[/name] [name]Harvey[/name]
Cancer: [name]Darwin[/name] [name]Silas[/name]
[name]Leo[/name]: [name]Griffin[/name] [name]Leonid[/name]
Virgo: [name]Neo[/name] [name]Gilmore[/name]
[name]Libra[/name]: [name]Michael[/name] Anubis
[name]Scorpio[/name]: [name]Orion[/name] [name]Valerius[/name]
Sagittarius: [name]Dean[/name] [name]Archer[/name]
Capricorn: [name]Giles[/name] [name]William[/name]
[name]Aquarius[/name]: [name]Neptune[/name] [name]Dart[/name]
Pisces: [name]John[/name] [name]Devere[/name]

GIRL NAMES
[name]Aries[/name]: [name]Una[/name] Corriedale
[name]Taurus[/name]: [name]Freya[/name] Nandi
[name]Gemini[/name]: [name]Leda[/name] [name]Tamsin[/name]
Cancer: Lazalu [name]Shai[/name]
[name]Leo[/name]: Sekhmet [name]Leona[/name]
Virgo: [name]Katherine[/name] [name]Adara[/name]
[name]Libra[/name]: [name]Justice[/name] [name]Astraea[/name]
[name]Scorpio[/name]: [name]Lorelei[/name] [name]Manon[/name]
Sagittarius: [name]Katniss[/name] [name]Aviana[/name]
Capricorn: Amalthea [name]Capella[/name]
[name]Aquarius[/name]: [name]River[/name] [name]Nahla[/name]
Pisces: [name]Finley[/name] Ikaroa

I love it! I can’t claim much knowledge of astrology (I can never remember my own sign :blush: ), but I really like a lot of these :).

[name]Love[/name] these in particular:

[name]Django[/name] [name]Kye[/name]
[name]Griffin[/name] [name]Leonid[/name]
[name]Dean[/name] [name]Archer[/name]
[name]Leda[/name] [name]Tamsin[/name]
[name]Justice[/name] [name]Astraea[/name]
[name]Lorelei[/name] [name]Manon[/name]

Thanks! While I know the symbol of each, things like the mythology behind each and personality traits I had to look up for most of them. Like I said, some I had to stray pretty far to come up with something I liked.

I love the list. I’d love to hear the reasonings behind most.
Though [name]Katniss[/name] and [name]Archer[/name] seem very self evident for Sagittarius. <wink>

It was Ma’at who weighed the souls, Anubis was the psycho-pomp, from what I understand.

[name]Katniss[/name] is from the genus Sagittaria, so I think it was actually a clever name for an archer. Other species in this genus are commonly known as types of Arrowhead. Also, the twins from the 3rd book, [name]Castor[/name] and [name]Pollux[/name] share the names of the twins referred to by [name]Gemini[/name]. I believe [name]Castor[/name] dies in both the myth and the book. There are probably other references I’m missing–the 12 districts could be tied in, but since 12 comes up frequently as a number of importance, this would just be a guess.

And the souls were weighed against Ma’at, represented by a feather, but it was Anubis that did the weighing. She was more the standard they were being held to. I’ve also read it as [name]Osiris[/name] doing the weighing, but more frequently it’s described as Anubis doing it, then bringing anyone whose heart isn’t eaten through to meet [name]Osiris[/name].