Astrology

Anyone else here a fan of astrology? I’m a beginner myself but I’m starting to learn more about it.

I’m an [name_f]Aquarius[/name_f] sun, Cancer moon and Sagittarius rising! :crescent_moon: :sparkles:

[name_m]How[/name_m] about you?

2 Likes

I am a gemini but personally (no offense to you at all or people who are astrology fans), I just don’t get how when you were born would define your personality?

It is pretty cool though

3 Likes

I’m a beginner as well, but I think it’s so interesting (even though my husband gives me a hard time for it :joy: )
I’m a [name_m]Taurus[/name_m] sun, Virgo moon, Pisces rising!

3 Likes

I have an astrological tattoo - the symbols for Sagittarius, fire and [name_m]Jupiter[/name_m]. Astrology is interesting but I agree with @EJpuddlejumper that it doesn’t determine your personality

1 Like

@EJpuddlejumper That’s totally okay!
Personally I think astrologers believe the alignment of stars do have an effect on our personalities in some way or another. Like your sun sign represents your true self, your moon sign represents your emotions and how you deal with them, and your rising sign represents the mask you wear on the outside and how strangers perceive you. Also you have your [name_f]Venus[/name_f] sign, [name_u]Mercury[/name_u] sign, [name_u]Mars[/name_u] sign etc.
So many of these placements can have a significance on who we are as people but it’s just a personal belief at the end of the day :slight_smile:

@dejectedpiglet Oo [name_m]Taurus[/name_m] sun! I like you guys haha

3 Likes

I just did some Googling and apparently I’m a [name_f]Libra[/name_f] sun, [name_f]Aquarius[/name_f] moon and [name_u]Gemini[/name_u] rising. [name_m]Can[/name_m] anyone tell me what this means? :sweat_smile: I always knew I was a [name_f]Libra[/name_f] and the various traits of a [name_f]Libra[/name_f] but I thought that’s all there was to it!

Also, does anyone remember an astrology themed games website circa the 2000s featuring cartoon girls designed around each sign & you could play dress up games, match 3 games & tic tac toe? I think there was a cat as well. Random flashback there!

Edit: I think it was called Zodiac Girlz!

1 Like

I’m a [name_m]Scorpio[/name_m] sun, Cancer moon, and [name_m]Scorpio[/name_m] rising, and I alternate between complete belief and no belief in astrology.

1 Like

@floatinthesky

This is a good site I use to interpret what my placements mean. It’s under “planets in signs”

https://cafeastrology.com/natalastrology.html

2 Likes

Libra sun, [name_m]Taurus[/name_m] moon and Pisces rising here! So fun to have more people learning about astrology.

2 Likes

Gemini [name_f]Sun[/name_f], [name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_f]Moon[/name_f], [name_u]Gemini[/name_u] Rising!

I’m a [name_u]Gemini[/name_u] through and through! I can definitely see the [name_m]Leo[/name_m] in me, though.

2 Likes

[name_m]Taurus[/name_m] sun, cancer moon, Sagittarius rising here! Also, in case you’re interested, I also know I’m a [name_m]Taurus[/name_m] [name_u]Mercury[/name_u], cancer [name_f]Venus[/name_f], and libra mars :stuck_out_tongue: . [name_f]My[/name_f] college friend/old roommate got me into astrology when we met at the beginning of sophomore year! Whether or not I believe it is a different story but I do find it fascinating, and I love looking into how the signs interact with one another!

Also, learning to read charts is an AMAZING party trick haha! People love talking about themselves and their personality—myself included! The friend who got me into astrology has a friend who, himself, is very into it at a scary level. It’s truly freaky. I told him my birthday and he knew my entire chart except the rising sign (which is determined by the time you were born). Once, he met someone on the street, talked to them for like 30 minutes, and was able to guess their exact birthday (well, one day off) just by their personality.

Like I said, belief is a strong word, but I definitely enjoy astrology and reading people’s charts. I have a tattoo of the [name_m]Taurus[/name_m] constellation on my left wrist, and I have a vision to one day get my kids’ sun sign symbols tattooed down my right wrist (ya know, when I have them haha).

1 Like

Pisces sun, [name_m]Leo[/name_m] moon, Cancer rising.

[name_f]My[/name_f] mum was super into astrology when I was growing up but it never really made sense to me - we were both Pisces but very different people and the horoscopes always seemed to make sense for her but never for me, and I never got that because we were supposed to be the same.

A friend told me it would make more sense if I found out my moon and rising signs. Because I did see parts of myself in Pisces, but never enough. So, eventually I found out my moon and rising signs too… it got less accurate! :joy:

So I like talking about [name_f]Star[/name_f] Signs, and I know mine (although not my [name_u]Mercury[/name_u], [name_f]Venus[/name_f] or [name_u]Mars[/name_u] @SparkleNinja18 how do I find that?). But I definitely don’t believe it. I think my Myers-[name_m]Briggs[/name_m] and Hogwarts House explain more about me than my star sign!

1 Like

@SparkleNinja18 Nice placements! :smiley: I’m an [name_f]Aqua[/name_f] [name_u]Mercury[/name_u], [name_f]Aqua[/name_f] [name_f]Venus[/name_f] but I’m a [name_f]Libra[/name_f] [name_u]Mars[/name_u] too! I’m slowly starting to get into chart reading and love to analyse people, it’s great fun.

Cafe astrology is what I use! If you google “birth chart” it’s the first thing that comes up, I believe. There are a ton more placements that I can’t even begin to describe. To put it simply, your [name_u]Mercury[/name_u] sign is how you think, your [name_f]Venus[/name_f] sign is how you love (or how you perceive romantic relationships), and your [name_u]Mars[/name_u] sign is how you deal with conflict. A lot of times, I feel like the signs don’t fit me either until I take into account other signs.

For example, Tauruses are supposed to be very routine-based individuals, and avoid anything that messes with the life they’re used to. Sags (Sagittarius, sorry my friend is a sag and she just calls them that all the time lmao) love adventure though, and I do too. That’s where my rising sign interacts and overpowers that part of being a [name_m]Taurus[/name_m]. Now, I still get very stressed out when I can’t plan things, even when I’m being adventurous, so that’s when I see the bull coming back.

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] astrology friend collects others’ birth charts and I’ve started to do the same haha! I have a folder in my images dedicated to different people’s charts. It’s hilarious because sometimes people whose charts I’ve done will come to me and ask about a particular scenario or feeling or trait they have, and what part of their chart explains that :joy:. I’m like, I swear I don’t know everything here!

1 Like

I personally think it’s nonsense (no offence to anyone who practices astrology). They just make it vague so that it seems like they can tell your personality, like those frauds we call fortune tellers. I do think it’s kinda fun to see which constellation the sun was in when you were born though.

I’m a [name_f]Libra[/name_f].

I studied it for several years before walking away from it. When I’m having a weird day I will still be like “wtf is going on up there today?” and pull up planetwatcher which usually confirms that something is retrograde or my chart is having a transit.

When I studied it, I was having family and friends asking me to do readings and tell them about their chart, and that was where my problems with Astrology began. I was always amazed by what I saw in charts and how accurate it was for these people I knew so well. But this was a double edge sword as well. Because I knew these people, I found myself pulling out what I already new about them from their chart and making them think it was written in the stars.
The other flaw was the over simplification of astrology, and the putting of people I knew very well into little boxes, I sort of began to see them only in a reductive, astrological lens. I had a friend who very much boohooed astrology and preached self-determination (a leo, btw). I think her position on the subject still rings in my head whenever I read astrology literature.
Like any religion or faith, you are allowed to take the parts that suit you and leave the rest. Religion and spirituality are tools for growth and emotional comfort and serve a very important role in the human experience.

Now, I look almost exclusively at my own chart in amazement because it feels so spiritual for me. Similar to other spiritual and healing experiences, it allows your subconscious to reveal things to you that you might not have felt otherwise. And that’s the power of it. It’s a tool of psychological discovery just like psychoanalysis, [name_m]Meyer[/name_m]’s [name_m]Briggs[/name_m] and Jungian philosophy, and psychedelics.

I’m a gemini sun, taurus moon, pisces rising.

I wonder how our favorite names reflect our birth charts. [name_f]Do[/name_f] mine fit? haha
Girls: [name_f]Edith[/name_f], [name_f]Leona[/name_f], [name_f]Ada[/name_f], [name_f]Ramona[/name_f]
Boys: [name_m]Leon[/name_m], [name_u]Elliot[/name_u], [name_f]Rhody[/name_f]

3 Likes

[name_f]Libra[/name_f] [name_f]Sun[/name_f], [name_u]Gemini[/name_u] [name_f]Moon[/name_f] and Pisces Rising here :smiley: I love birth charts.Recently have gotten into astrology, and it really clicks for me. I’m also really into the enneagram, which I think can link with astrology in some ways.

2 Likes

I’ve more recently been trying to get into more spiritual hobbies like astrology and tarot and other such things.

I’m a Virgo sun, [name_u]Gemini[/name_u] moon, and [name_m]Aries[/name_m] rising!

1 Like

I’m a Capricorn sun, Cancer moon and Cancer rising!

I like astrology in that I like lots of stuff about my personality, but I don’t believe in it at all. Possibly because I don’t think my full chart suits me very well.

2 Likes