At this rate the doctor will be nameing our baby! Help??

Hello :slight_smile: Im new to nameberry and hoping all of you wonderful berries can help me.

We arent due until [name]June[/name] but its driving me nuts that we really have NO idea what we will name our baby if it is a girl. A boys name was relativly easy. I like very biblical names for boys but lovie doesnt. We narrowed it down to a few favorites and ended up chosing [name]Preston[/name] [name]Jay[/name] ([name]Jay[/name] being daddys and grandpas middle name )we both like it and it goes well with daddys name [name]Dustin[/name] [name]Jay[/name] (Last name starts with an S). [name]Lovie[/name] pointed out his initials will be PJS and joked that hed be lazy, is that a bad idea? I dont think theres anything wrong with it or hed be made fun of because of it. opinions?

As for a girl we know the middle name will be [name]Jane[/name] which both my middle name and my mothers. For the life of us we CANT agree on any girl name options. [name]Lovie[/name] suggested [name]Ashlyn[/name] (way not my style) [name]Michelle[/name] (boring) and [name]Isabelle[/name] (which is pretty but waaaay too popular). [name]Ive[/name] suggested everything under the sun and he rejects them all! Favorites being [name]Evangeline[/name], [name]Tatum[/name], [name]Anastacia[/name],[name]Cordelia[/name], [name]Eliza[/name], Alazne, [name]Ezri[/name]

I really dispise anything super popular, trendy or over used. I hate names like [name]Brittany[/name], [name]Ashley[/name], [name]Tiffany[/name], [name]Madison[/name], [name]Sophia[/name], [name]Alexis[/name] ([name]Lexi[/name]). Which are all exactly his style. He wants something easy to say that isnt obscure at all where as I like obscure or long, elegant, whimsical names.

Is there any middle ground? Please help. Thankyou!

ps. Middle names are set in stone but im not opposed to doubling the middle name for instance I dont feel [name]Jane[/name] goes well with [name]Evangeline[/name] so she would have been [name]Evangeline[/name] [name]Alexa[/name] [name]Jane[/name].

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with PJS. If initials spell something negative, I don’t like it, but I think this is actually kind of cute.

Why not [name]Alexa[/name] as a first name instead of a 2nd middle? If he liked [name]Alexis[/name], selling him on [name]Alexa[/name] shouldn’t be too hard. Also, while I can see how the description of his tastes could rule out a lot of your faves, I think [name]Eliza[/name] is easy to say and not very obscure. [name]Eliza[/name] [name]Jane[/name] would be adorable. Did he give a reason for rejecting that one?

What about the name [name]Erica[/name]?

We only named our baby two days ago, he’s two months old! haha

Thanks :slight_smile: A friend of mine said the same thing about thinking pjs as his initials would be kindof cute.

I agree [name]Eliza[/name] [name]Jane[/name] goes really well together. Its so adorable and my mom really likes it. He just doesnt like that one its too “old lady” for his likeing. [name]Ive[/name] considered [name]Alexa[/name] as a first name but we have a close family friend with that name and I fear her someday going by [name]Ali[/name] which I really dislike.

It feels like were never gonna agree on anything. He wont accept anything I like and his suggestions make me wrinkle my nose :frowning:

Haha! isnt it so tricky? My dad insisted they wouldnt let us leave the hospital if we hadnt chosen a name. I think its gonna get that far at this rate! What name did you decide on?

Thanks for the suggestion. [name]Erica[/name] falls into that too familiar category for me. I make him out to be the picky one but its really me. When it comes to girls names I dont like anything [name]Ive[/name] heard more than twice in real life. I really want something that will make people say “ooh thats pretty” and I dont want her to be one of four in her class.

[name]How[/name] about [name]Aisling[/name] or [name]Ashling[/name]? Much prettier and more substantial than [name]Ashley[/name], with a lovely meaning. [name]Aisling[/name] [name]Jane[/name] is a beautiful combo.

Other suggestions:

[name]Sloane[/name]
[name]Anya[/name]
[name]Caroline[/name]/[name]Coraline[/name]
[name]Elaina[/name]
[name]Francesca[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name]
[name]Lisbeth[/name]
[name]Seren[/name]
[name]Greer[/name]
[name]Bellamy[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name]
[name]Delaney[/name]
[name]Carys[/name]
[name]Libby[/name]
[name]Waverly[/name]
[name]Vera[/name]
[name]Antonia[/name]
[name]Veronica[/name]
[name]Delilah[/name]
[name]Willa[/name]
[name]Rosalie[/name]
[name]Gabrielle[/name]
[name]Daphne[/name]
[name]Luella[/name]
[name]Briony[/name]
[name]Audra[/name]/[name]Audrey[/name]
[name]Claire[/name]/[name]Clara[/name]
[name]Flora[/name]
[name]Anabel[/name]/[name]Amabel[/name]
[name]Isabeau[/name]
[name]Marietta[/name]
[name]Geneva[/name]
[name]Caia[/name]
[name]Annika[/name]
[name]Gemma[/name]
[name]Thea[/name]
[name]Dahlia[/name]
[name]Samara[/name]
[name]Holland[/name]
[name]Raina[/name]
[name]Esme[/name]
[name]Linnea[/name]
[name]Stella[/name]
[name]Calla[/name]
[name]Mirabel[/name]
[name]Phoebe[/name]
[name]Jessamy[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name]
[name]Maren[/name]/[name]Maris[/name]
[name]Cassia[/name]
[name]Annora[/name]
[name]Leonie[/name]

[name]Do[/name] you like any of these?

[name]Libby[/name]-This is an adorable nickname but I dont like [name]Elizabeth[/name](my friends daughter) or [name]Liberty[/name](not a word name person) any other ideas for this one?
[name]Claire[/name]-Beautiful as a middle name
[name]Thea[/name]-[name]Love[/name] this as a nick name for something like [name]Dorothea[/name] but lovie already said no
[name]Samara[/name]-Was on my fav list but no one likes it but me
[name]Linnea[/name]-Is GORGEOUS but the long A sound in [name]Linnea[/name] clashes with the long A sound in [name]Jane[/name] [name]IMO[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name]-This is in my top five favorite names of all time but my cousin already used it :frowning:
[name]Annora[/name]-Not a fan, I really liked [name]Nora[/name] but lovie hated it claiming its “old”

It’s really hard, we had a girls name picked out all along, (we didn’t find out the sex), but we had a little boy instead so that went out the window! haha.
We named him Fényx, which is being trashed in the other topic I’m posting in here! haha

Oh that’s fair enough!
What about [name]Indie[/name]? I think it’s really pretty, and very uncommon, well, at least here in [name]Ireland[/name] it is!

I hope you find a name you agree on soon :slight_smile:
It’s pretty stressful not being able to think of one.

What about [name]Isla[/name] [name]Jane[/name]?

I have a nephew named [name]Phoenix[/name] and I love his name :slight_smile: is it pronounced the same?
[name]Indie[/name] is too out-there for him. He keeps yelling at me for coming up with “off-the-wall” names. I suggested [name]Ariel[/name] which he thought was okay but when I wanted to lengthen it to [name]Ariella[/name] he said "what is up with you and these crazy name suggestions?? [name]How[/name] is [name]Ariella[/name] crazy?:confused:

[name]Taryn[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Patrice[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Chelsea[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Rosa[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Cora[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Lina[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Vivian[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Simone[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Shyla[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Zoey[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Annelise[/name] [name]Jane[/name]

I’d try looking in the larger numbers of a top 1,000 girl name list. That way you get names that aren’t extremely obscure, but still unique and very common.

[name]Isla[/name] is a good suggestion any more thoughts? I prefer something longer or that has an easy nickname.

ohh good idea! I spend all my spare time looking through name lists and yahoo name posts but I feel like ive heard them all before and none of them scream “this is your daughters name”.

[name]Tatum[/name] was one from a top 1000’s list but lovie begged me not to force him to go with it :frowning: how can I press anymore on that?

Oh that’s awesome! It sure is. We changed the spelling because I hate the fact that ‘ph’ makes an ‘f’ sound, and a name we liked, but didn’t want to use was ‘[name]Nyx[/name]’, and now we have incorporated that too hehe :slight_smile:

Awww! Haha, [name]Ariella[/name] is really cute actually.
I’ll give one more suggestion, because as you can probably tell, I’m not all that good with thinking of names which aren’t too weird haha. My cousin’s name is [name]Kerenza[/name], which comes from Cornwall in the UK, and it means love, which is always a nice meaning :slight_smile:
It’s probably too strange for your hubby though haha.

Fenyx is a really spunky name. Its got that rock-star flare, my little nephew [name]Phoenix[/name] wears a mohawk and its adorable on him! I also love the meaning.

I do like [name]Kerenza[/name](or names of this style) but he gave me this “im not even justifying that suggestion with a response” look lol! Everyone keeps telling me to chose a name and keep it a secret then just name her whatever I want lol. But I cant do that I want her daddy to like her name as much as I do. I have a feeling Im gonna be the one settling but not without a strong fight! I already gave up my hope for a biblical name for my son when we settled on [name]Preston[/name]. It means “from the preists town” so I guess that’ll have to be close enough. I wish I could fine a biblical girls name that isnt over-used or too weird or have a bad biblical connection. The only one I really like is Judea and the double J of Judea [name]Jane[/name] doesnt work. I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Lydia[/name] but my cousin already used it.

[name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Meredith[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Lucia[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Savannah[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Mariel[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Adelaide[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Violet[/name] [name]Jane[/name]

Biblical names for girls, though.
What about [name]Tabitha[/name] [name]Jane[/name]? [name]Abigail[/name] [name]Jane[/name], [name]Esther[/name] [name]Jane[/name], [name]Michal[/name] [name]Jane[/name], [name]Miriam[/name] [name]Jane[/name]…

Hahah, funny you should say that, our Fényx has been sporting a mohawk since he came home hehe :stuck_out_tongue:

Aw damn :stuck_out_tongue: Gosh, I suggested the name [name]Noah[/name] to my partner a little while back, (oh, by the way, I know a girl named [name]Noa[/name], hint hint!), but he wasn’t keen on it. I couldn’t believe the amount of people who actually suggested I name OUR son that anyway. Why are dads so disregarded!

When I saw you liked Biblical girls names and that you didn’t want one too popular I thought of [name]Lydia[/name] immediately, sorry to see it’s taken in your family already.
A biblical name I plan on using as a middle which is not too common is [name]Magdalena[/name], sooo gorgeous.
Or what about
[name]Tamar[/name]
[name]Mara[/name]
[name]Sapphira[/name]
[name]Selah[/name]
[name]Dinah[/name]
[name]Salome[/name]
[name]Bethany[/name]

I like your suggestions :slight_smile: anything longer and more princessy?