Athena?

I’m name-crushing on the name [name]Athena[/name], and I was wondering what everyone thinks of it. I’m not sure how well it goes with the other names on my list (see my sig). But I find it appealing. Any good potential nns? Any bad name associations?

I love [name]Athena[/name]! Very classic, pretty but not overly girly :slight_smile: I think its sweet sounding too

I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Athena[/name]. She’s my [name]Goddess[/name] so I’m a little biased. I would use it myself but there are complications involved. I wouldn’t shorten it but if you wanted to, I would go with Thena or [name]Thea[/name]. I think [name]Athena[/name] is a wonderful model for a girl, [name]Goddess[/name] of wisdom, strategy, the defence of towns, heroic endeavor, and crafts. That’s a lot of great stuff for a little girl to grown with. :slight_smile:

I’m… indifferent to it. I saw this billboard in my hometown of this State Farm agent whose name was [name]Athena[/name] something or other… she was middle-aged and I was probably in seventh-grade… I just remember being completely unimpressed, haha. It has charm but it has always felt too pretentious to me. I can see the appeal but I knew a girl in college whose name was Athens and I loved that so much more. If you love [name]Athena[/name] maybe Athens could be a cool nn? I like the pp’s suggestion of [name]Thea[/name], too.

I really like [name]Athena[/name]. It’s unusual and strong, and clearly female. What’s not to like? :smiley:
If I had to choose a nickname for [name]Athena[/name], it would be [name]Thea[/name].
From your list, I think [name]Athena[/name] would work best with names like [name]Asa[/name], [name]Cyrus[/name], [name]Eliza[/name], [name]Guinevere[/name], [name]Jasper[/name], [name]Juniper[/name], [name]Scarlett[/name], [name]Serena[/name] (okay, maybe not THAT one) & [name]Silas[/name].

Im not a fan, i love the meaning but not the sound - Paper thin without charater.

I think it’s lovely. I always picture a dark haired pre-teen girl for some reason.

[name]Althea[/name] is also nice.

I’ve known way too many cats with this name to ever be able to picture it on a person. I have known a good amount of women named [name]Minerva[/name], though.

As you can see from my list, I love the name [name]Athena[/name].

[name]Athena[/name] is a strong and feminine choice. Because of the Greek goddess, [name]Athena[/name] pretty much embodies the concept of “girl power.” I love the suggestion of nn [name]Thea[/name].