Atticus or Hudson?

Friends of mine are having a boy in early February and cannot decide between [name]Atticus[/name] or [name]Hudson[/name]. The surname is one syllable and they live in Australia. It is their first child. Any opinions would be welcome!

Thanks x

[name]Hudson[/name] is becoming more and more popular, so I would go with [name]Atticus[/name] :slight_smile:

[name]Atticus[/name] is also becoming more popular.

I believe both names are on the rise - though not sure if they are in Aussie. My vote is [name]Atticus[/name] coz that is one of the top names on my list. Although i do also like [name]Hudson[/name], i prefer [name]Atty[/name] as a nn cf Hud (presumably) x

I know that my son would probably choose [name]Hudson[/name] because it is the easiest name to say and spell. But he would probably love [name]Jack[/name] or [name]James[/name] or [name]Leo[/name] even more.

I am an Aussie and I think that [name]Hudson[/name] would be the better choice here.

Why not have [name]Hudson[/name] [name]Atticus[/name]?

A long time ago there was a brand of car [name]Hudson[/name] but no one would probably remember that now, but whatever you do [name]DON[/name]'T call him [name]Holden[/name] that is the brand of our most popular car.

[name]Atticus[/name] would be highly unusual here, (I love it in the mn spot), my favourite combo is [name]Charles[/name] [name]Atticus[/name], nn [name]Charlie[/name].

[name]Hi[/name]! I’m voting for [name]Atticus[/name], because while both names are becoming more popular, [name]Hudson[/name] has a trendy feel to me that I don’t find with [name]Atticus[/name]. I love To Kill a Mockingbird, too, and think that [name]Atticus[/name] [name]Finch[/name] had many wonderful qualities.

I think they’re both handsome names, but [name]Atticus[/name] just feels more solid to me, and I love its vintage charm.

Good luck to your friends! :slight_smile:

I vote for [name]Atticus[/name], but then, I’m biased! My [name]Charles[/name] “[name]Charlie[/name]” [name]Atticus[/name] will be 7 weeks tomorrow (and so, I don’t have much time to post here, but still enjoy checking it out now and then!).

I’m also not personally crazy about names ending in -on or -en, and “[name]Hudson[/name]” primarily makes me think of the [name]Hudson[/name] river, but now that I realize its becoming a popular boy’s name, I’m not having that connection as much.

I vote for [name]Atticus[/name].