Attn please: Nameberry site owner(s)

OK, here I am! [name]Glad[/name] I spotted your cry for help. As usual, you’ve already gotten lots of excellent advice from the ever-wise and supportive berries. And I can only echo what they said: Change it, and change it now.

There have been other posters on here with the same dilemma and I think the advice has always been the same. And you seem more decided/less ambivalent than many that you made the wrong choice and want to switch.

I can imagine it’s wrenching but once you settle on the right name you can move forward. And the baby, at this age, won’t be confused! Thanks for coming here for advice and please let us know what you decide. Best of luck.

I think 100% that you should change the name (now!) and also that you should NOT feel bad about it! I know one person whose name was changed as a baby and she loves telling the story. She doesn’t mind AT ALL b/c she had no memory of having the first name. Go with your gut - you’ll feel SO much better afterwards :slight_smile:

I agree with the previous posters, you need to change her name. If the name was “right” you wouldnt be having these feelings. Dont feel bad about changing her name either. [name]Ive[/name] known other people who have done it and its caused no problems.

Now, onto the fun part…What are you going to name her?

Sending positive thoughts your way.

Janda. [name]Hi[/name] hun! [name]How[/name] is this going for you? I wanted to give you an update on my situation, hopefully something in this post might be able to help you one way or another.

Since DH and I decided not to change [name]Sariah[/name]'s name (what was that - last week???):

I have looked @ many different names that I love or like and have “tried” them on her - just to make sure I wasn’t making a mistake… nothing else fits her anymore. [name]Sariah[/name] fits her the best. [name]Every[/name] time I find a name I love, it doesn’t seem to be as pretty as [name]Sariah[/name], or if it is, I can’t see myself calling her that.

When I met an old lady the other day who asked what my baby’s name is, and I said [name]Sariah[/name], she said - “so what is the special story behind that name?” :expressionless: I am going to spend a lifetime explaining to people her name. :roll:

When I looked on FB for [name]Sariah[/name]'s I mostly found females who were A) middle eastern, B) black, or C) white, but from [name]Utah[/name] (think mormon, as [name]Sariah[/name] is apparently from the book of mormon).

But I love having a name for her that you don’t hear. And again, I’ve tried on different names for her, but they just don’t fit. I still have my reservations about the name, but I am growing to love it more. Though I am really wanting to change the mn just to make the combo prettier (I have a thread in the Girl’s names forum about that) .

I still wish you the best! Please let us know. ((((((HUGS))))))