Audio Pronunciations

It would be a good idea to have a little audio button that you click on to hear the pronunciation(s) of each name. Most names people are familiar with, but with the more unusual or foreign names it would be helpful to have audio pronunciations, similar to dictionary.com. Thank you!

Definitely would be a wonderful addition, though probably something for the future due to our (nonexistent) budget.

In the meantime, I figured out today - if you look up a name on youtube, you might be able to find someone saying the name or introducing someone with the name, even if you can’t understand anything else they said. I know that’s a little work, but for the curious, it’s not too hard to do. In the meantime. :slight_smile:

Those are both great ideas. I often thought it is quite hard to describe a sound. Maybe people could also use the international phonetic alphabet IPA once in a while. I don’t know how well known it is, but at leat there are sites that explain how the sounds are pronounced or even give you an audio sample (check out the wikipedia page on the IPA). Of course it’s not always necessary to do so but especially with foreign names it probably would be helpful.